1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Durant be better than James?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Sep 12, 2010.

?

Will Durant be better than James?

1. Yes

233 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. No

165 vote(s)
    41.5%
  1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think LBJ is a better playmaker. But, Durant is a better shooter; especially for the mid-range shooting. And Durant is a better defender. Plus, Durant is much younger and has more potential...

What do you guys think about this?

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

It depends in what way you mean.

James is a lot like Magic Johnson and Durant, I'm not really sure who you compare him to. He is just a pure scorer (and will be better than james at this), his rebounding may become a bit better, but his defense and assists I don't think will come close to Lebron.

I think they are both really good at what they do, I don't really see how you can compare the 2 as a "who is better" claim. Depends what a team needs.

1 person likes this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't think Durant is as good as James but I do think he probably a more difficult cover in an end of game situation. His ability to get a great shot off is something I've never seen before. He's similar to McGrady in this regard but he's a much better shooter. If he can just learn how to setup his teammates like Jordan eventually, he should has the potential to be one of the top 10 players of all time. Like, I said before he entered the league, he has the potential to be a once in a lifetime player. Lets see how much he improves.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Don't know but I'll have a lot of fun watching.

5. RV6

RV6 Member

different players....He's more like Kobe than Lebron, but even that isn't a fair comparison, for either of them. All I can say is, I hope he embraces defense full time for along time, or at least becomes a very good and consistent rebounder. He's too unique physically to be just a scorer.

6. durvasa

durvasa Member

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Other than shooting lebron is better at everything. He took his team to finals by his 4th year pretty much by himself. Durant has westbrook and he still hasn't done squat.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

as a winner yes.

LBJ reminds me a lot of Dominique Wilkins. Human Highlight reel but not a leader.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

LBJ hands down.

LeBron does virtually everything better than Durant.

10. yaonow

yaonow Member

11. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

LBJ has the talent but not the attitude; in the end, attitude is the difference between a Yao and a Yi;

Durant, no question

12. yaonow

yaonow Member

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Yes, he will. because Durant can't be lazy. LBJ can cruise all he wants and still win games b/c of Wade and Bosh.

Durant is kinda what (puts on flame shield) tmac could've been if he put in the work and was a good leader. that's the best comparison i can think of. Durant isn't really cut from any mold though. you can't really say he's just like anyone. e.g. Kobe-MJ

14. BetterThanEver

At the 3 year point, LeBron didn't much more than Durant, but a 4th year comparison to a 3rd year is dumb.

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

Maybe but I wouldn't bet on it Lebron just does too much on the baseball court. KD has a long way to go before he catch the king.

16. BetterThanEver

Durant and Lebron were both 21 in their 3rd year. Their numbers are similar.

17. HoustonRockets

I don't think so. He lacks the playmaking and athleticism of Lebron James.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Its the playmaking and ballhandling that sets Lebron apart from Durant. Durant is the better pure scorer and outside shooter. Durant can be the better rebounder and defender if he bulks up and works at it.

Lebron's everything else is above Durant as far as physicality and carrying a team on his shoulders. Lebron will be a slightly more "complimentary" player in Miami, which will allow Durant to shine brighter as a main man. So thats how Durant can be "better". Cuz Lebron's allowing his star to shine lower

19. OvenproofBadger

James is disliked by many on this board (including me to an extent) and Durant is a very likeable character, he is a humble man - hence the poll results. However, i voted James. Too many people are thinking soley about scoring. James has the ability to do way more than score the basketball, not saying Durant doesn't, but James exceeds him here.

20. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Durant has more potential than LBJ? Where? How? because he's younger?
    LBJ is the better athlete and basketball player. Durant is still trying to get there.

I do believe Durant could be better at a game of horse, that's about it.

Simply, NO.