1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Conroy a Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by i3artow i3aller, Jun 27, 2009.

1. i3artow i3aller

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskymensbasketballblog/index.html

"They tell me I've got a good chance to make the team,'' he said. "One of their scouts said they've been watching me for a couple of years and he said it's my time to turn the corner.''

"Conroy spent last season with Albuquerque in the NBA D-League, averaging 26.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and eight assists a game, which included a career-high 53 points in one game."

<HR>

If he has a good chance to make the team then Brooks or Lowry are on their way out. Makes me nervous.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe Lowry's stock isn't so high for some reason?

3. rawool

rawool Member

worzel gummidge posted earlier than he was going to play on the Rocket's Summer League squad.

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Morey is good...

He made all the talks be about Brooks, when Lowry is actually the one out.

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Brooks is on his way out. Brooks raised his stock after the playoffs. Sell high.

Lowry's value is still low, so there is almost zero interest from other teams.

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Where does this article imply that Lowry is on his way out.

All I see is that Brooks is the starter unless he gets traded.

7. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

And u gather this from....?

8. jvu

jvu Member

Brooks has value, Lowry not so much.. Morey makes his fans so interested and curious.. The guy is brilliant! I spent weeks trying to figuring him out! Love how he doesn't give away the his attempted offers.. making bigger splashes! Ugh got a little carried away.. :p

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Anyone know enough to offer an opinion about this guy? Is he a PG? If nothing else, the competition to make the roster will be a good thing. And this glut of gaurds gives DM some flexibility.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's only a summer league invite. If Rockets get a big man at summer league, does that mean Yao or Scola are on his way out?

You spend a minimum amount of money to take a look at a prospect who might have a chance to stick. That's all.

1 person likes this.
  11. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Dude that is not necessary.

12. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

i think it was. thanks CH

13. tXhiggs

tXhiggs Member

i second that motion. grazzi.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think what is interesting is he specificalyl said the rockets wanted him to back up Aaron.....whether it's true or not, it's still somewhat interesting because either this guy got lied to, is delusional, or something is about to go down.....

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

16. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Hopefully, Morey found a good player, just like how the Bucks were able to find Ramone Sessions. But then again, he hasn't played a single NBA game, so its impossible to know how good he can be... this is only a summer league invite.

17. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

there's no doubt the rockets need another backup point guard in case brooks or lowry are injured. it's also obvious that this backup has to be a cheap solution and ideally a player that is more of a tradional point guard and not undersized. in other words conroy is on the summer league team to prove that he can be the rockets' new 3rd point guard. that's all.

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Potential 3rd string PG. Nothing more. Nothing less.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

How does the talent level of the NBDL compare to the NCAA? Would it be comparable, since many of the players would be former college players but more experienced? Those are awesome numbers, he would be an NCAA star.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That would probably be better asked of someone else, lol. Conroy's the career and single season (as a senior in '05) assists record holder for the University of Washington, where he played 4 years. So you could say that he "starred" for the Huskies. I think we could use a 3rd string point, so if there's a spot for one and he earns it, why not? Could fill a need until Llull can come over in a year or two.