1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Chandler Parsons be fined for tampering? This rule in the CBA says he could.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BeardsOnParade, Jun 22, 2013.

1. liveguy

liveguy Member

DH is a UFA....Parsons is thinking in terms of getting him to Houston without losing any pieces.

2. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

That's not what I've been reading....

3. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

It has been calculated that we can shed the TRob contract and then sign Dwight outright without giving up anyone else.

It's even been rumored that Dwight is "intrigued" by the idea of playing with Asik.

4. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

We'll see. I hope Les is all in.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The only reason we would entertain a s&t for any key pieces is for chris paul additionally, with doc in place, the chances of that are now less than 1% so there would be no point doing a s&t

6. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

7. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

After Morey traded a good chunk of our players, I don't know anymore what to believe.

A few more days and we will know.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

OP's moniker is the best part of this thread.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sounds like a rule they should enforce but do not. Sure, you can't really police it. But, the league should enforce it enough that players don't brag about it in interviews. The appearance that good players draw other good players and help the rich get richer isn't good for the league. The way our players have recruited this year in a way that seems to be coordinated with the front office has been especially unseemly (not that I don't appreciate the effort!).

It would be capricious to suddenly come down on Parsons and bust his chops for something many players are doing. But, I do think they should stop this behavior. They could wait until, say, January 1 and declare that they will begin enforcing this rule. They still wouldn't police anything, but they'd come down on a player who had an admission published. The same way they don't police trading coaches but did have to come down on the Doc/Garnett trade because they flaunted the rule so brazenly.