1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Budinger Take the Next Step...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T FOR 3!!!, Jun 3, 2011.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

He's a very good role player that would be better served coming off the bench. You can't build a team around him, so I wouldn't say he has star potential.

Dollar for dollar, he's one of the most underrated players in the league.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He was a picture perfect fit in Adelman's system.

I see him taking a step backwards tbh.

3. anchel

anchel Member

He's a shooter, he won't become a go-to-guy, a guy who can create shots for himself. Never, that's a different profile.

His ceiling is whatever... as a shooter. Now think about different shooters: Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Mike Dunleavy, Stojakovic... He has potential to score a lot, and efficiently, not necessarily creating his own shots. But if he wants to have the necessary playing time to do that on a winning team, he must improve his overall intensity and defensive level. He's still very young (23), who knows... could happen.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

/thread

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Call me crazy, but I think this guy will turn out to be a rich man's Mike Miller.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Budinger is at his best coming off screens, but will probably never hit shots at a Rip Hamilton or Ray Allen level. Part of their game is their above average handles and the threat of getting to the rim, which Bud doesn't quite have. He'll still be damn annoying to other teams, though. My brother is a Laker fan, and speaks of Budinger the same way I speak of Korver. Guys like them drive you nuts because you just cannot give them an inch of space, but they are often left open.