1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Brooks be in the rotation, now that Rafer is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 9, 2008.

?

With Rafer back, will Aaron Brooks still be in the rotation?

1. Yes - He should be in the rotation

86.1%
  2. No - He is still not good enough to crack the rotation

13.9%
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Don't be so sure of that. We have Landry, Scola and Hayes as PF. But Landry cracked the rotation, and we were able to pull off a 3 man rotation. Against Phoenix Last night, it was sick, we dominated.

Aaron would probably crack the rotation because he is damn fast. Like I said before the phoenix game, if RA doesn't use brooks to exploit his speed advantage against nash, we are in trouble.

Remember, Brooks is so damn fast, he can tire other guards out pretty quickly, and make them a lesser 3 point-shooter and a not as effective penetrator. Nash had such a tough time playing Brooks last night. Yes, nash is old, but he is also pretty fast. I see nash trying to sneak past brooks to get opened 3s (and he did!) but brooks caught up with him within seconds.

A small and fast player has a bigger advantage against bigger and slower players. In my opinion, brooks isn't playing his best because he is trying to avoid screw ups (H-town hero posted him dunking, and I never expected that!!) If RA trust him in playoffs, and tells him to risk a bit more, brooks would be attacking the paint like crazy.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Brooks was the main reason we beat the Suns, his speed killed them.....they were dead tired chasing him around...particularly nash.

DD

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I thought it was the defensive strategy of not giving up easy 3's. Either way, good to see him getting some minutes in an important game.

4. blender

blender Member

Like a previous poster said, I don't see Adelman making major rotation changes for the playoffs, so he'll probably get situational minutes.

However, it's good to know if Alston, Head or Jackson is off, we got Brooks. He's proven he can produce coming cold off the bench despite not getting regular minutes.

Plus, I would love to see the small backcourt of Brooks and Jackson in the right situations. They may have similar defensive liabilities as the Alston / Head combo, but I think they have the speed, shooting touch and penetrating ability to compensate.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well it all added up....I was just making an exagerated point.

:D

DD

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Brooks is doing this right before the playoffs are starting. That gets him consideration more than anything. If this was 3 weeks ago it'd just be "he's showing promise" but he's timing it just right.

He's making the head coach keep him in mind. But watch Luther Head get in there in front of him....

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Good thing about a 7 game series, he can play his way out of the rotation. And the way Brooks has played, dont be surprised if a struggling guard gets his minutes reduced.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I don't think Luther is an ingrained into Adelman's rotation as he was in JVG's.....

Luther fit JVG's system very well and does a pretty good job in Adelman's but not so much so that he is irreplaceable.

DD

9. swhcgd

swhcgd Member

i have no idea

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Yes -should... don't know if he will.