1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Brooks be in the rotation, now that Rafer is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 9, 2008.

?

With Rafer back, will Aaron Brooks still be in the rotation?

1. Yes - He should be in the rotation

86.1%
  2. No - He is still not good enough to crack the rotation

13.9%
  1. pchan

pchan Member

There is no room Brooks in the rotation.
    Jackson and Head would take those minutes.

2. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I'd love to see Rafer do this :p

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JOLngZFLRJ0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JOLngZFLRJ0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Look at those ups......

I hope Adelman keeps him in the rotation....he can be the X factor for us.

DD

4. F.Emelianenko

F.Emelianenko Member

head and brooks don't even play the same position or role on this team. their minutes aren't interchangeable.

i agree w/ whoever said "luther head is the most underrated rockets player on this site".

5. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

i remember that rafer and brooks closed out a few games together in the backcourt. maybe brooks impressed adelman enough during rafer's absence to play alongside rafer or bjax and take some of head's minutes. i'm not advocating severely limiting head's minutes, i like his shooting ability. i'd love to keep brooks warm for the playoffs, but i doubt that's he's going to be called upon.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

My thought too. Anyway, I just answered the basic question and ignored the comments.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am glad to see that AB is still in the rotation......it gives us more options when Rafer inevitably struggles.

DD

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I belive yes. I may be similar situation to Landry's. Adelman sees Brooks is playing really well so why shouldn't he give him more playing time - it is all about wins.

We will probably see now Brooks at PG, Bobby at SG and Luther at SF. I like that, it is small quick lineup, one quick rookie and one veteran around there. It has been working for a while so we should go after it, Adelman should.

Last game against Suns he was playing, I'm sure he will be playing at Denver.

9. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Co-sign

I like head, rafer is the most consistant inconsistantly player

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

He needs to be.

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I kinda of see Brooks getting a little bit of clock come playoff time, but it will depend on 2 different things that would have to happen. 1st has to be matchups and 2nd because he's a rookie and every single possesion counts in the playoffs, he will not be given any slack by Adelman on making any mistakes while handling the ball or defensively. Landry and Scola are rookies, but both are much more entrenched and relied on in the rotation to be given the quick hook by Adelman like he would do to Brooks if and when he screws up.

On a side note: My heart kinda stopped when I saw Bobby Jackson limping off to the bench at one point in the game last night. I literally saw my entire playoff hopes in Rafer's hands again and man was that sobering.

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

one of the things i've admired about Adelman's approach to Brooks is he doesn't yank him for every mistake. dunno if he'll (Rick Adelman) change this for the playoffs but, imo, better not to play the rookie with such a strident standard of perfection.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I believe that Brooks should be called upon before Luther Head.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Well, we still don't know for SURE about Aaron's status in the rotation, although he's definitely earned minutes in my opinion. The last two games since Rafer has been back, we've missed Tracy and then Shane. When they're both back in the fold, we'll be able to gauge Aaron's piece of the pie.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not so fast. With the absence of Battier, we had room for an extra guard in the rotation. Also, with the quickness of Phoenix's guards, it was a good matchup for Brooks.

AB will not be a rotation fixture heading into the playoffs. I'm fairly sure of it.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Quit being a hater!

Signed,

WNBA

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

It was fun to see Brooks waterbugging around. He's so fast.

I think Adelman needs all the weapons he can have at his disposal. He's always liked Brooks, so now that it seems he's over the rookie wall, I'll bet we see him more and more.

What was so difficult in the playoffs last year, was that all we had was Rafer. Now we have options, if he cools off ... and good ones.

That's gotta feel good for the coach.

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

Clyde Drexler said that Adleman will be teaching the rookies for 2-3 seasons before he fully trusts them. So it's not going to be automatic for Brooks to get his minutes.

19. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

the best way to learn the offense is playing solid minutes in a rotation, starting next year I expect to see brooks playing solid minutes. Adelman would be a fool to wait that long, he's just getting into prime years.

20. kentcopper

kentcopper Member

Brooks played well lately,He should be in the rotation