1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will be any good next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 13, 2016.

1. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Unlikely for the next couple of years. Hope I'm wrong.

2. alethios

alethios Member

I presuming we're keeping Beasley for another season, so I'd start him over Dekker and slide Dekker over to SF backup unless we're playing small ball. Even then, I'd sub Harrell in there before Dekker.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Personally for me just changing the coach to someone who doesn't have a man crush on Brewer would give this team 10+ wins, we've lost so many freaking games because JB kept guys who could shoot on the bench (Beasley, that other guy we traded for) for his baby boo Brewer who couldn't shoot for **** and always ran around like a chicken with his head cut off.

This team has a good base with Harden on the squad as well as role players on cheap contracts, apart from Brewer there aren't really any overpriced players, Dwight is pretty much out but honestly we can use his cap space on more effective players, there's no point in paying 25M+ on a guy who isn't dominant offensively or defensively OR isn't good at both, right now he's like Andre Jordan level and that's not worth max money. I would be fine if he stays for 15-20M though, that seems reasonable pay for what he brings to the table.

I'm actually extremely optimistic regarding the next season because the rox have a lot of capspace and a player who is already top 10 in the league, and a lot of good coaches are looking for jobs. Thats pretty promising and only numbnuts will say otherwise.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Pretty much a given Beasley will stay, he's on a two year minimum contract no reason to cut him unless somebody pays us a pick in return. Also Harrell has been great in limited minutes he'd be good as a sub off the bench for this team.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The thing about Horford is: averaging 15/7 in a fantastic competitive team with a great system is the equivalent of averaging 20+ on just your average dinosaur iso-ball team. Also, that's with him shooting 50% from the field and launching 3 3pters a game.

1.5 blocks is nothing to scoff at either.

He is at least a good defender. Maybe not great, but it's not debatable that he IS a two way player.

You also cannot discount his 3.2 assists to 1.3 TO's in 32 minutes. That is HUGE, especially in today's NBA, especially when he would have an elite scorer as a teammate.

He would be a fantastic addition, although I would only offer him a bump over what the Hawks do and I do not believe the Hawks will offer him the max. They do not have a Harden on their team, so giving Horford big money long term doesn't fit their window IMO.

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm sure we going to go over .500 for sure. This last team was just a mess from top to bottom.

7. tested911

tested911 Member

Depends on "ONE" guy! Harden

If his game evolves and actually tries to improve on defense then yes. But that is like .005% chance of that happening. I think he has his eyes set on L.A. or some other major club that likes the high scoring offense only style he has.

8. StrawberryJamm

There should be some addition by subtraction just by getting rid of Brewer, Terry, Howard, and Jones. They would've been a better team this past season if they would've just taken these guys minutes away and given them to Beasley, Capela, Dmo, and McDaniels

Bev/KJ/Goudelock
    Harden/KJ
    Ariza/KJ
    Beasley/Dmo/Ariza
    Capela/Dmo/Harrell

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We get Wardell Cury?