1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Antawn Jamison take World Peace's starting spot?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J-Tang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

Or at the very least, will Jamison begin to earn more minutes than World Peace? I am very surprised this isn't up for more contention.

2. thisiscaketown

No, because of defense.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

This. And Jamison is their only bench scorer.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Interesting question. I'd agree with the defense answer. Brown is a defensive coach. However, with Dwight in the middle, if he's healthy and playing good, sure does make sense to stretch the floor with Jamison offensively.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He's going to hurt their defense regardless if they start him or bring him off the bench. The only way to prevent it is to give him no minutes.

But since they are going to play him, it makes much more sense to use him as a stretch big at this point, offensively, not as a SF. He's no super athlete anymore, there's no advantage in using him at SF. But at 4/5 spots, he's still pretty quick and he draws the opposing big outside.

And Ron Ron is streaky, but you aren't going to leave him completely open at the 3pt line. He can knock those open shots just fine. And then you have Nash, Kobe and Pau all knocking down jump shots.
    Jamison would be underused and unnecessary in their starting lineup, offensively.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

World Peace shot crappy from 3 last season but before that he shot 35.5% and 35.6% for the Lakers 2 seasons and 40% with the Rockets. He's still a threat when he's open.