1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wildboyz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chicken Boy, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Did anybody catch it tonight? It's like National Geographic and Jackass combined. They do some really insane stuff, like free swimming with great whites. I don't know if it's gonna be more successful than Jackass, but at least it's better than Viva La Bam.

2. rudager

rudager Member

I liked Bam's show better. Those hamburger iron-ons were hysterical, and I'm not sure why.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, wildboyz was entertaining but not as much as Jackass.

I like Bam's show too, though I get tired of seeing him beat his (dad? or mom's BF? or something) the fat guy.

I thought it was so terrible what he did to his van, but hey. If he really gave him that suburban in it's place, then hell come take my truck away!

4. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

Bam's show is just one big ego trip, that's why I don't like it.

5. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I liked them both, the ramps in the house on bams show was great, hell you know his parents got money for that, no harm no foul.

Its the same things they did on Jackass but in expaned form, more time to do their own things, what more could you ask for.

6. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

It's been in existence even before Jackass. It's called cKy.

7. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Yeah, CKY has been around since before Jackass, but it focused on other people too - not just Bam. Bam's show is more centered around his ideas and himself, at least so far. I happen to like Bam and CKY better than Wild Boyz. I just can't handle Steve-O puking anymore.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing I didn't like about Wildboyz was that it seemed like they were scripting a great deal of the dialogue...way more than in Jackass, where they had a basic introduction and just did the gag/stunt and had genuine reactions. In Wildboyz they looked, at times, like they were actually trying to act, which didn't fit them well. Maybe it will get better with time.

9. Chicken Boy

Chicken Boy Member

That fake goofy acting is kinda a trademark of Steve-O and Pontius. They've been doing that stuff since Jackass, for example Jaguar Gymnastics, and in the movie I think there was a skit called Whale Shark Gummer where they did the scripted intros. I think they do it that crappily on purpose, and personally I think it's hilarious because it's so obvious.

BTW if you have the Jackass DVD, you can see that all of that stuff is scripted anyway.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

They were ok, but it's getting old...I can't see me watching them again...I only watched about 5 minutes of each...