1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Wikileaks Releases Nearly 20,000 Hacked DNC Emails

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 22, 2016.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

This is pretty damning stuff.

That KKK leader is trolling the media and anyone who might believe him.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Why is this being barely talked about in the media? Is a couple sentence being plagiarised from a candidate's wife more important than this? Still think the media is fair a not biased?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Putin really trying to get Trump elected. Trump would be a boon to Russia and a major setback to the U.S. With a Republican congress our debt would swell as the spending when nutso and taxes were slashed for the rich. The massive gov't cuts would induce a recession, and Trump's reckless foreign and trade policy risks global instability.

It would be a disaster. Not to mention that Trump would definitely exceed executive powers and do who knows what.

Too scary to imagine. Trump has too much authoritarian in him. There's no way we can let him win. I am not a Hillary fan nor do I like the DNC. But I am not crazy either and will not let that man sit in the white house and destroy this country.

I hope the American people don't get caught up in who is more or less likable or honest or whatever and realize what truly is at stake here.

4. TheresTheDagger

You seem to be saying Clinton is your only choice. That is false.

You can vote 3rd party.
    You can vote for Trump. (ya, I know you won't)
    You can choose not to vote for President.

The one thing you CAN'T do is vote for Clinton and say you're against corruption at the highest level.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well she is surely no saint but she is the only one with a chance to send a message to the idiots that nominated Trump to take back their party from the wack jobs that have taken it over.

Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave.

DD

6. TheresTheDagger

True, you could do that.

But you are sending a message with your vote beyond "Get your act together Republicans". You are sending the message:

"Yeah, its ok to hijack our democracy cause we won't punish you in the least bit".

I mean why even vote? Just let the elites sort it out right?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You want to see democracy hijacked? Vote Trump.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm constantly assured by Americans that this is a country with strong institutions and reasonably independent branches of government. Congress, I'm told, will always filter the president's power. Corporations will get their way anyhow.

So I wonder: can Trump really do all this damage successfully? Or is it just going to be a presidency of nothingness, i.e. he won't get anything he wants done and neither will anyone else? There is a big difference between gridlock and the ability to invade America's political system in 4 short years.

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You do realize this is EXACTLY how many feel about Hillary, too?

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Trump is a RINO. You're speculating on everything.
    Base on what? Are you implying he would circumvent congress and ram a bill through that would affect every America ... much like the massive failure of Obamacare?

Wow. Even the most hard core liberals are abandoning the democrat party.

And Im just curious... what exactly will you do if Trump wins? That sounds a little bit like a threat to me. Most crazy people do not admit they are not crazy. Should I notify the secret service? Dont do anything stupid, Sweet Lou. If Trump wins, you really should let him sit in the white house.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hilary is status quo. Anyone who thinks that Hiliary is going to 'destroy' this country is off their rockers. Sure she will keep the status quo of bankers running this country but that has already been the case for the past century.

Trump is a wild card with ZERO nuance to his policy who makes comments that would make a schizophrenic bipolar meth head look sane. Someone that unstable as a head of state who interacts with other heads of states is just asking for trouble.

People want stability at the Presidential level. Hilary, no matter how much you hate her, no matter how much you believe she is a lying peice of ****, is a more stable figure than Donald Trump.

13. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

'destroy' could also mean financially, dont forget the housing bubble in 2008 and not one banker was held accountable. She is in bed with these big banks she will just keep on deregulating. Oh yea Her VP is a master at this

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think he gets impeached for some Teapot Dome type crap, he's probably creating shell companies all over the place to get in on BOEMRE and Interior land auctions. Trump actually does all the nonsense Republicans wasted the nineties and destroyed the OIC trying stick Clinton for.

He may also drink himself to death, he's gonna be publicly embarrassed and humbled more now by people who he's probably spent his whole life looking own on.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The ebb and flow of our nation's economy teetering between recession and growth has been a cycle that the American public has been used to for a century now.

Again, anyone who believes Hillary would 'destroy' this country is as much of an idiot as anyone who has stated that Obama has 'destroyed this country'.

Trump has a legitimate chance of going off his rockers over a petty twitter war with a NATO head of state and destroying ties with former allies. I mean that's just one example the damage a narcissist egomaniac with no filter could bring as president.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

And those people think any Dem will destroy this country - they said that about Obama. The people who feel that way about Hillary are very far to the right. I am despite what I get labeled on here I am a moderate. But moderates today are leftists in this country.

Hillary will have a republican congress to contend with just like Obama - she won't be able to do anything.

Trump will have a republican congress and unlike Hillary - he is truly reckless and dangerous.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Corrupt DNC. Of course politic is dirty, but the DNC picking a side goes beyond normal politic and is corruption.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bern...accountable-dnc-emails-show/story?id=40825318

1 person likes this.
  18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If you watch Clinton Cash and still willing to vote for Hillary then you need therapy.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Why is this not news? For anyone who has lived through 1968, Watergate, or every election ever, with the slightest inkling of how campaigns work, this is nothing extraordinary.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What about respect for yourself? In your quest to figure out some truths, don't you think you're letting yourself down by watching something that you and I both know is 100% funded by people who want to take her down? Doesn't that bias give you pause?

Listen, you're rarely ever going to hear me say anything nice about that corrupt woman. But there are legitimate, widely known reasons to be critical of her that could be rational arguments to people on the left. Why jump on this conspiracy stuff when there's plenty of stuff to be critical of without it?