1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wikileaks founder accused of rape and molestation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

these rape charges brought the Capone quote from "The Untouchables" to mind.

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

It was the NWO framing him

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

need a tissue?

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

I stand in solidarity with my comrade glynch who is woefully close to blowing our cover here in this glorious country.

ixnay on the ommunismcay lynchgay

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Do you support glynch's posts in this thread?

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

lol. allright jerry.

[​IMG]

WHO'S COMIN WITH ME?

1 person likes this.
  7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

An accurate article on the charges.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

From that article, it seems to me that he has set this whole thing up to make him look like a victim of "dirty tricks".

9. glynch

glynch Member

Of course. He is a genuine hero. He should be the Time Man of the Year.

10. glynch

glynch Member

Rhad, quit trying to burnish your tarnished "moderate" credentials. ;)

11. michecon

michecon Member

This Wikileaks thing is full of win.

Is Hollywood ready for another installment of "Enemy of the State(s)"?

..................hopefully, this one would be much better.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Were are all the freedom of speech supporters now? I do not see how Assange is at fault here, he just offers a site were people can post information that is not known to the general public.

And as I stated before I'm not that impressed with the things we heard. Nothing surprising.

13. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

can someone post this article for me please? for some reason i can't start new topics.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/12/wikileaks_texas_company_helped.php

this is your tax dollars at work, people.

also, i realize this is old news, but http://www.aclu.org/national-securi...-authority-kill-americans-outside-combat-zone

is this for real?

14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

LOL he really stuck one to the "liberals". I wouldn't mind if pgabriel aka Dorothy joined him and risked it all for the man of her dreams.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

So not saying anything about it is supporting it? Glynch's as entitled to his own opinion as you are to yours.

16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

I'm no moderate. I have far more respect for myself than that. I do try and be pragmatic when possible though.

17. jo mama

jo mama Member

you just did - i saw this same article this morning. the video in the link is most disturbing.

this is the stuff that justifies wikileaks doing what they do - u.s. contractors engaged in sex slavery and child trafficking - and using our tax dollars to do it - we have a right to know about this garbage.

<iframe frameborder="0" style="overflow: hidden; border: 0; margin: 0; padding: 0" width="514" height="366" scrollbars="none" type="text/html" src="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/v/?id=frol02s3e4eqe7b&w=514&h=366"></iframe>

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

From all I have read, the rape charges are totally bogus. I don't think the USA have anything to do with it, though, as he claims.

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

You think I rape??

[​IMG]

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

Stuff written in a Blog in the Houston Press is the stuff that justifies wikileaks for you?

Look, I'm not saying bad things didn't happen... but the actual "cable" reads a hell of a lot differently than the article.

This part seemed particularly sensational:

I read the cable several times now (not exactly flowing prose) and I failed to see mention of Drug dealers and pimps. I also failed to see where anyone at DynCorp is listed as directly responsible or even involved in the bacha bazi other than it was a DynCorp event.

Now, does that mean they weren't involved or responsible? Not necessarily, but the implication that Ex GreenBerets etc. were buying children from drug lords with taxpayer money seems a bit of a jump to conclusions to me, and egregious. This doesn't mean it didn't happen that way, but what I read doesn't prove any of it either.

It's also a bit confusing... "Foreign police trainers working for DynCorp"... this makes it sound like Americans, but the cable clearly states in the highlighted section 5(c) that two Afghan National Police and nine other Afghans were arrested... no Americans. It doesn't excuse anything, but the headlines/articles/blurbs are misleading on this making it sound like Americans were hiring dancing boys etc.

If you think the accounts of this Houston Press Blog justifies everything Wikileaks is doing, I would suggest you look further or elsewhere for your justifications. Not saying they're not out there, just that this cable and trumped up blogpiece ain't it.

On the other hand, I have no problem with this being leaked. This certainly wouldn't be a reason to be against wikileaks either. I don't care for 'journalists' that want to connect the dots with conjecture and implication, but that's nothing new.