1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wikileaks founder accused of rape and molestation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Aug 21, 2010.

1. bnb

bnb Member

...well, if the criticism on WikiLeaks was that it was reckless and that they acted for their own indulgence without regard for the possible consequences... I guess the no condom charges are sort of apropos.

2. mc mark

mc mark Member

Let us not forget he turned himself in.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

for rape

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

The only people more annoying than trolls on an internet message board are the idiots that respond to them.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be more shocked if a dude doing this *didn't* get immediately slapped with some sex crime charge.

Pretty much expected for this to happen if you're pissing off people in power.

A very easy charge to levy against someone and serves not only the purpose of getting him detained, but also assassinating his character.

#45 DonnyMost, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  6. bnb

bnb Member

agreed.

(hey....this post wasn't a trap, was it.... :( ).

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think the charge, in Sweden, is not rape.

There is apparently a charge which is different than rape, which roughly translates to "sex by surprise", which he is being charged with.

Can't confirm this though as I just read it in passing on twitter.

I have no idea what the difference would be between the two charges.

8. bnb

bnb Member

I lol'd.
    :(

9. mc mark

mc mark Member

you don't know that

10. mc mark

mc mark Member

HEY!!!! :mad: :grin:

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

NOBODY has commented on glynch's post.

So I will.

Clutch, take this liberal board and stick it. I'm through with crap like glynch and a forum that supports this.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

Actually I thought that was more lucid and accurate than the usual glynch post.

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

Perhaps it is just me being uninformed about it (probably the case) , but why is this guy so set "outing" the United States? Sure, a country this big and powerful involved in so many things around the globe will have its enemies etc. etc. and some of the things I've seen released in the cables are obviously things that you hope aren't happening, but really the types of things I'm seeing now seem more to just be someone who has a hard-on for someone he wants to get at. I guess this latest round wasn't as US-centric, but still very much so from what I've seen.

I haven't sorted through a list of the things revealed past what I have read in the occasional article or on here, and don't really know the validity or trustworthiness of all these "cables" coming from whatever disgruntled whoever wherever, but is there a list of the things revealed in order of first trustworthiness and second severity, as it pertains to revelations about our reputation vs. reality in regard to US government lawfulness or character in times and situations like these?

The charges seem a bit ... odd, regardless of Swedish law, and way too convenient. I do find humor that in one post we hear how Swedish law 16 is legal as though to pardon him and no one finds that odd yet when Swedish law is touted as considering the refusal of using a condom during consensual sex to be rape, people laugh it off. In any case, I don't see how these charges will really dissuade anything he's doing in the long run, and in my opinion, with the amount of contempt he apparently has for the USA, will only make things worse really. Hamfisted indeed.

It's a bit of a disconnect for me... I mean, you know lots of horrible things happen in war, and consider then the sheer volume of what's been released, and the manner in which it's occurring, the climate of the "hate the United States Bandwagon" that appears to be making rounds long after I'd hoped (Thanks W).... Part of me wants the guy to be wrong and spiteful and to shut the hell up for the safety of US Soldiers and legitimate and valid American interests, and the other part of me wants whatever has happened to be uncovered and people held accountable. But here's my real problem...

We won't really know. Many that should be in this life are often NOT held accountable, and so what is left? Trashing America spitefully over "cables" that I can't guarantee anything about, coming from someone who may or may not be genuinely solely interested in promoting transparency of government actions in the world, and who may or may not be just piling on the apparently 'not dwindling any time soon swelling unrest and disdain for America' across the globe. Let alone the "rape" charges. This is just hard to really get on one side or the other for me as an American.

I guess my disconnect is based on my distrust of propaganda from either side of this, and my lack of belief that this will force anyone into some new transparency, all while witnessing a huge onslaught of "Just one more thing for the world to deride us for" at the moment when we least need it. Numbing, really.

I want transparency, accountability, and most of all for the government to deal with the rest of the world in an honorable and legal fashion, and would like those that promote that to be able to take such entities (not just US) to task, but I'm not sure the way this jackass is going about it is the right way and I see little to be gained but much to be lost... regardless the outcome.

Lastly, my guess is that if wikileaks was interested in true transparency, it would be less USAbashing-centric and more about exposing atrocities worldwide. Perhaps I just haven't seen the complete list and am reacting to what has caused others to react, but this is the impression I get.

1 person likes this.
  14. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

wonder if they were paid off.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Goodbye Raccoon :(

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Considering that one of them is objecting to the charges they are pressing on her behalf, I think no.

17. DCkid

DCkid Member

Is that by any chance related to "sex by implication"?

Dennis: Think about it. She's out in the middle of nowhere with some dude she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but open ocean. "Oh, there's nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?"
    Mac: Okay...that seems really dark though.
    Dennis: No, no, it's not dark. You're misunderstanding me, bro.
    Mac: I think I am.
    Dennis:Yeah, you are. 'Cause if the girl said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that she's not gonna say no, she'd never say no...because of the implication.
    Mac: Now, you said that word "implication" a couple of times. What implication?
    Dennis: The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to sleep with me. Now, not that things are gonna go wrong for her, but she's thinking that they will.
    Mac: But it sounds like she doesn't wanna have sex with you.
    Dennis: Why aren't you understanding this? She doesn't know whether she wants to have sex with me, that's not the issue.
    Mac: Are you gonna hurt women?
    Dennis: I'm not gonna hurt these women, why would I ever hurt these women? I feel like you're not getting this at all.
    Mac: I'm not getting it.
    Dennis: *******.

18. Qball

Qball Member

Why are you blaming Clutch for your fringe right wing lunacies?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

This dude is a creep.

20. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

"The bird break dancing on the highway has a DJ hiding in the bush releasing mixtapes for it."

Or so goes the (crudely translated) proverb.