1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why YF likes Yao to be traded, Huston fan not

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Himalayas, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Himalayas

Himalayas Contributing Member

Yes, he should do both with focus more on upper body, which is what many have seen.

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

krocket,

Fast twitch and slow twitch can be addressed no matter who you are. The training methods are different. Fast twitch is for quickness and explosiveness. Slow twitch is for power and strength. It just depends on what type of training one uses.

The physical trait you are born with is very important too. Body mechanics will not allow Yao to be *as fast* as TMac no matter how much training. But that doesn't mean that Yao can't train more of his fast-twitch muscles. He can. And he will improve this.

Another issue is genetic. We are all different. And some people just have better fast-twitch than others; like Francis. He never trained his legs. He just jumps high because he's genetically gifted. Others have better slow twitch; very strong naturally. It just depends on what type of person you start with.

Either way, you can always improve on those muscle types.

This is why I think Falsone will change/intensify Yao's training next year which concentrates on speed/quickness rather than power/strength.

#122 DavidS, Mar 29, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I know a few people here that would love to trade Yao(SamFisher, Summer Song Giver, New Yorker, snowmt01), and I'm as hell that they aren't YOFs.

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kimosawbee, me whompum yao only fan speakin forked tongue....

5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's true but they are as short sighted as Yao only fans.....

6. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

DavidS:

Thanks for the response. I am glad there is hope to improve quickness and explosive jumping ability, not to mention balance. I hope that after some rest, whenever the season is over, that Yao can undergo some therapeutic training this summer and not have too many obligations in China. I think Yao's major asset is his biggest liability, his size. That seems to be obvious. IMO his physical shortcomings get in his mind during the game and sometimes his confidence is shaken. This shaky psyche sometimes takes him straight out of the game. If the proper training can correct the problems that should also help his confidence and therefore his progress.

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

What I don't like about Yao is how easy he gets pushed around going for rebounds. He doesn't push off into the other person's body, it's the other way around. He doesn't bang into people. When he does, he's a much better rebounder.

I've seen him explode up and snare rebounds. I really think his stamina issues may have a lot to do with getting tired very easily battling bigger bodies. I'm not sure....but from what I see on TV, I just think he needs to get stronger stomach, back, and chest, get those arms super thick so he can push off (because that's what they do in the NBA)...get some weight up top so he won't bounce off people like a rubber ball - ya know what i'm saying?

Yao doesn't need to play a fast quick explosive game like Amare - he has to play strong like Mutombo.