1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why YF likes Yao to be traded, Huston fan not

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Himalayas, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Excellent post Sherlock!

2. Sishir Chang

Don't make ignorant pronouncements.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

haha, that is one of the better points I've heard made

4. Sishir Chang

Bravo!

I get sick of the YOF fans narrow views too but I also get bothered by the low class shots that others take at those who don't have the best English skills.

Especially for Texans. I'm a Chinese American but I grew up in Texas and learned English with a Texas accent. I can't tell you how much I got made fun of that when living in other parts of the US and how so many others equate Texan accents with ignorance.

I've had non-Texans tell me "I thought that you people were super smart so how come you speak like a redneck?"

Talk about stereotypes.

For native speakers I know its frustrating to try to make sense of bad English but at the same time these are people here posting because they are interested in what's going on with the Rockets so give them a break rather than take cheap shots at them.

5. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

6. Houstonrocketss

1 fish two fish 3 fish blue fish

7. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

Mr. Chang,

I believe most posters misread this thread. IMHO, he/she just tried to "deliver" what some of Yao fans think. Unfortunately it all "lost in translation."

Anyway, they look at it the other way, not Houston Fans' way. That's it.

bfunw (Be Fun Winning)

8. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

My votes:

Co-poster of the thread: NIKEstrad and Sherlock

Honorable mentioned: Sirsir Chang

Moronic posters in this thread: too many to mention

9. Sishir Chang

Reading through Himalaya's post I think you're right but then my response would be to YOF's in general.

10. ikfit

ikfit Member

I'm a YF or YOF cuz I watch houston rockets just because him but now I really like rox and ha y he is here. So I'm also a RF now.

I don't want to trade yao to anywhere cuz I think here is the best team for him. As I know for most chinese when they arrive america the first city they stay they think that city is their home town so for yao he may think houston as his home town in America.

Don't think to trade him just think about the tmac trade we give 3 starters and now they think we steal. same thing for yao if we trade him to LA for their 3 starters(no kobe:D we will think they steal from us very soon. belive me.

We all like yao and our roxers so let them lay and give them time. they will give us sur rise belive me.

Go Rox

11. idlel

idlel Member

Get Yao out of the town. He is the biggest pu$$y and damned fool in the world.

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

13. hangxy

hangxy Member

Kick this fat ass out of the forum.

14. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Really? 99%?

I think that's what YOU THOUGHT. But many thought he'd be a 14ppg/8rpg his first year. And around 18ppg/10rpg his 2nd. Most thought he'd reach 20/10 his 3rd year. He's not quite reached that yet...and maybe he wont. But it's possible that he can in 2-3 years.

So, I think you need to differentiate what the *media (and YOF)* think, and what more realistic BBS fans think. The "dose of reality" that YOU suggested was *just as WRONG* as those YOF (and media) that thought Yao was the next Wilt.

Right now Yao is a 18/8.5 player that gets around 31 MPG. We should all recognize that. He's not Shaq, Wilt or Akeem. He's Yao. We should all go from here....and suggest ways to improve his game on THIS team.

#94 DavidS, Mar 27, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  15. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Great, so suggest a way for Yao to improve instead of regurgitating the same stats over and over....

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

The issue about Yao's aggressiveness will become more and more an issue as each year goes by (fans will be less tolerant of his softness). But, YOF thinking that if he went to GS, LA, NY, or Toronto that Yao will somehow get faster, more aggressive, better hands, quicker lateral movment OVERNIGHT....well....they are wrong.

Yao will suffer from the same problems on another team (much worse team - minus TMac).

Yao will improve over many years. Not just 20-30 games. His legs are so big they hamper his movement. His arms are short. His hands are not very strong. This is the first year that he's stabilized at 31MPG...but, this year, he's finally getting in some good games in where he doesn't foul out. This is a good year for him compared to others.

As time goes on Yao will learn what he is capable of, and what he is not. And that realization (experience) will help him take more chances on passes and shots. He's still learning. Also, his training will also change if the CNT lets him. He has to take a break. And then come back next year ready for training camp.

Personally, I think that Falsone needs to work on Yao's legs MORE! Yep! They need to work on his lateral movement and explosiveness. Try to get rid of his bulk and concentrate on his speed and movement. This has less to do with power and more to do with quickness. This change in his training will help him in many areas: stamina, rebounding, fouls, scoring and defense.

Yao will improve little by little each year.

P.S. Next year, acquiring a more athletic/rebounding PF will be a priority. Although, this has less to do with Yao's development and more to do with building a team that complement each other.

#96 DavidS, Mar 27, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  17. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

One last comment, the city is spelled HOUSTON. I understand that english is probably your second language but please make every effort to spell the name of the city right.

Its as annoying to keep spelling it 'Huston' as it is those who keep on calling Beijing 'Peking.'

Thank you. That was driving me absolutely batty. I just couldn't tell if he was doing that on purpose. I've grown up near and went to college in "huston" I don't know chinese but can normally spell their cities correctly(he is obviously online...so can look it up like I would).

18. Sishir Chang

Heck all he needs to do is read the top of the box score.

19. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Would you guys please cut the "YOF this and YOF that" crap? Check the whole thread, ONE guy started and replied to everyone of you. Can't you just point your replies, answers, debates, discussions, and whatever it is, to THAT GUY? Instead of bringing a group of some special labelling. 4 Pages of posts because of ONE SINGLE GUY, and some of you have to make it clear about "we are this and that", "they are this and that". I almost got the feeling that some of you are waiting for a thread like that to popup, so that you can jump on it, that claim how great a fan you are, how THOSE YOF never care about the team, despite the fact that NO ONE supported him in this thread. Is it that hard to find some pleasure?

20. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

As for the thread starter, don't claim something you don't know or you can't back up. How did you know that Yao fans want him to be traded? What kind of survey did you run? What kind of statistics can you present? You are the only one who said, and Charvo is not even a self-claimed Yao fan. Quit speaking for others you have no idea about, ok? I am a fan of yao, I have friends that are fans of Yao. NONE of us wants him traded. Whatever you are smoking, it's not healthy for you.