1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why we played so well last year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andre0087, Nov 10, 2018.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Harden missing free throws tells me all I need to know...

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

#ksmith

Minus the ring though. Gotta get the ring. At least get the ring !!

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I thought it's funny to see the Rockets try to play like last year jacking shots when they're open. Now I have no problem with that.....but the problem is seeing NEW players doing it. New players like Melo and some others. Melo is the most single prolific ballhogger in the game. He's not a team player and it's actually a team killer. Sure, he makes his shots but those shots that he took are really bad contested shots imo. And is there any shot that he doesn't like? Seriously, watch every game...every time you pass him the ball, he's going to jack it up or looking to jack it up and not even looking to pass or make the team better. That's why I say he's not a team player. He doesn't make the team better as far as assist, rebound, hustling...you know the little things that win game. His game is horrendous imo. Just standing, catch and shoot! Now him jacking up shots every time he touch the ball might not be his fault....it could be that the coach told him to do it because that's how the team play. But regardless, Melo is never known as a team player. He doesn't make the team better other than himself. He's more of the Kyle Korver type in the sense they don't make the team better other than themselves, the difference is one is more ballhogger than the other and that is a killer.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Almost every role player made their shots last year during the regular season. They were a huge reason that team was so good offensively.

Luc
    Ariza
    Tuck
    Gerald Green made so many buckets
    EGo making almost everything while being streaky

Defended together pretty well.

The Big 2 and half

JH, CP, CC were very consistent.

5. macan

macan Member

we've got a couple dudes playing for big fat contracts last year
    less ego