1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why we love the 1999ers!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, May 4, 2008.

Tags:
?

Why are the 1999ers so special?

1. They started it, they were the O.G.s

34 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. They are PURE ROCKET fans, no country, player biased

29 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. God told them to create and support Clutchfans

18 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. They are old school but relevant today like tupac

28 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there is a brotherhood! i've met dadakota and heypartner and basso(not 1999, but close enough).

the old school members have been through plenty. Remember Save our Rockets?
    when you say remember when that dude posted Hakeem's pictures and comments at Whole Foods, people are like 'oh yeah!'

what do you expect from a 1999er poster? another trade Yao/Tmac thread?
    no sir. we are too creative like the dreamshake or playing Horry at the 4 to do that.

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I approve this thread, and only regret that it was started by one of those bandwagon May 99ers, who joined months after the true old school Feb 99 crew. (Actually, many of us originally joined years before that).

3. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Here's a perfect montage for you class of '99 , tinman ;)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zuklU__vvaw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zuklU__vvaw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Back in May 1999 I was finishing the 4th grade....

....and the internet was that stuff you used in the library. :D

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

tinman for the last time, stop seperating yourself from others. You are not superior to anyone else here. Stop acting like it.

Don't call me a 2008, you're basically playing the people from the oldies who call black people the N word because you think you're superior and better than them.

You have no respect from me anymore. Loving the Rockets is one thing, acting like you're better is another.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

haha! nice!

I was thinking of something more upbeat and hiphop
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHzkICG47LU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHzkICG47LU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TdF2zqs1bxQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TdF2zqs1bxQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Hey calm down lassy. Like some of the older posters said, don't take tinman's nostalgic hard-ons too seriously

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I need to bump the GARM's post count up one. I'm hexakosioihexekontahexaphobic. Shut it.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I normally drink Powerade and that new G4 drink, but what you are drinking is powerful!

10. tinman

Supporting Member

the pacman jones generation of clutchfans.

11. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Why 2008 was > 1999.
    1999:
    -Monica Lewinsky owns Bill Clinton
    [​IMG]

2008:
    Barack Obama owns Hillary Clinton.
    [​IMG]

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lol its funny how a "1999er" would be acting like a mentally r****ded kid. Well Done tinman, you really are different to the 2000+ers, in fact you're different to clutch as well.

By the way, I don't hate 1999ers, you're the one I don't like very much.
    But you know what I'm not gonna bother anymore because you're just gonna put words in my mouth and play smartass so whatever. At least 2000ers had proper computers and digital cameras. As well as large plasma T.Vs. :p

13. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Why 2008 was > 1999.
    1999:
    -Monica Lewinsky owns Bill Clinton
    [​IMG]

2008:
    Barack Obama owns Hillary Clinton.
    [​IMG]
    Had some technical difficulties w/ that last post =.=

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

the funny thing is: you didn't have to be a 1999er to remember:

1. The Whole Foods Olajuwon incident
    2. That Francis trade being overheard on a phone conversation

I remember reading that thread and seeing those pics of Dream and was like "wow....these guys are nuts". And about 7 years later, I'm one of those nuts.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

oh so that's why you are posting on the Why we love the 1999ers!

its too easy dude like fixing the Y2K problem. you haven't brought anything good to show your support for the 1999ers.

its like when you take Tmac out of the game and put in Luther Head.

you like to Luther Head people's threads!

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

So if tinman is a re-re with down syndrome (hypothetically) and yet you respond to him passionately, what doest that make you?

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Seriously stop putting words in my mouth, you're acting like a 8 year old.... And I'm pretty sure you're older than me...

I don't hate the 1999ers for the last time, just you. If you think you represent all the 1999ers, then LOL.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

A guy who hates arrogance.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

put words in your mouth? you're Luther Heading this thread.
    but at the same time, you are making this thread more popular with your Luther Heading.

I don't need to put words in your mouth like Beaker on the Muppet Show.

you must the type of person who keeps getting RickRolled and still keeps hitting that link. Keep hitting that REPLY and take this baby to the top!!

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He didn't say "I, tinman, am better than any of you newbies." He said:

He's referencing a group, not himself. Sort of like how some people who lived through the Depression and served in WWII have taken to thinking of themselves as the "greatest generation."

For the record, I am deeply humbled and appreciative of my mention in this thread, but I don't consider myself to be a great Clutchfans. I am a 1999er, but I lurked for months before registering and lurked for a year or so after that. Particularly if you look at GARM postings, I'm the Charles Jones of the 1999ers... if I have a ring it's because I had good timing and sat around while the go-to guys from my year carried the load.

The one specialty I have that gets me off the bench for very minor minutes is my absolute hatred of si since they refused to put the Rockets on the cover after the first championship.