1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Why Voter ID Needed] FBI Investigating More Dead People Voting In The Key Swing State Of Virgini

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ye with no imagination. We do billions and billions worth of dollars of banking and online purchasing every year... and you think we can't over come a safe and secure method of doing online voting??????

I am not talking about an AOL style Obamacare healthcare.gov website. Every SSN gets registered to an address (This is already done with the IRS). A person can request an voting token (a security key) mailed to them to their physical address. They then use the token matched with their SSN# and their voting ballot appears. Once voted, their ballot is then mailed to their physical address to ensure no fraud is taken place.

The current system allows for more fraud than that listed above. Once your ballot is cast in person, there is no guarantee your vote is placed. An online system will allow greater turn out.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd say the Boaty McBoatFace/Putin ticket is pretty imaginative.

SCOTUS will love using the not-a-precedent Bush v. Gore ruling as precedent to override the recount.

Just because the current system allows more fraud doesn't mean it isn't cheaper nor easier nor widespread to pull off fraud with online voting.

And I'd be one who would love to see it happen if it were secure, reliable, and robust.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(That doesn't relate to topic, can bring in any outside example of numerous bad Democrat deeds) But Obamacare is not good.

Not a "Democrat" thing TO ME at all. Its a human sacrifice for the people thing. Real actual documented people gave their LIVES for the RIGHT to vote (not "privilege" to vote). Its an American thing after all to have honor and respect for those who sacrificed their lives for liberties. Because of that, voting is a RIGHT.

Of all the good and bad things people feel "entitlement" about, voting is COMPLETELY understandable to feel ENTITLED to have. Jobs don't let you out of work by law to get your Social Security card, they do to vote leaders into office. I'm not meaning to choose sides or anything, I just truly think at its non-political CORE its a cut & dry issue

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Huh? What happened to the 15th amendment? And the 19th, 24th, 26th, and 29th amendments?

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You know what often constitutes a predictable response? The facts.

Kind of like when someone asks, "What's 2+2?" The predictable response is 4.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Democrats are registering dead people to vote for Hillary. The corrupt democrat party must be stopped.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Where is the youtube video bro?

8. CometsWin

This thing where something isn't a right if it can be restricted? Ignorant.

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

10. CometsWin

#90 CometsWin, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also if the bar for 'presidential election fraud' is a random college student who happens to be labeled 'D' then I'm not sure RL wants debate on the terms of that ridiculously low bar.

People like RL don't understand very simple concepts such as 'cost-benefit analysis'. Do you think Hillary Clinton would throw her election away by asking a random college student to make up 19 votes... Really? Even if she was the most corrupt politician known to man, she wouldn't throw an election of this magnitude over 19 ****ing votes.

12. CometsWin

Nothing will stop those evil liberals from stealing this election. Trump said so.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

while I don't think in person fraud is a big problem (phony registration/absentee is another matter), asking someone to prove who they are is not unreasonable or racist

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Except that Texas will cover the costs for anyone who can't afford the $25 or whatever it is to get a copy of your birth certificate. The ID itself is free, but maybe there is an income requirement for it to be free. I do know that we made it to where nobody should NOT be able to get a voter ID if they want one. Makes total sense to me that you should have to prove who you are to exercise your right to vote. There shouldn't have to be even one proven case of this for people to support such common sense measures.

My question to those who oppose voter ID....let's say EVERYONE eligible to vote was able to receive the ID with no cost, would you be okay with it?

ACLU and other organizations work with DPS to help those who can't drive/live too far/too poor to afford one, so I don't see why it's a problem. The only people disenfranchised are those who choose to be.

My biggest issue is that it doesn't cover all forms of potential voter fraud. We absolutely need to ensure that every vote is legitimate and legal. The honor system is ridiculous.

Dei likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How does this thread, opened with a post from an absurdly ludicrous source, an OP written by a juvenile who has been littering this forum with similar crap for a while now, get to 5 pages? Are the folks around here that bored? Are they that stupid? Could it be because of multiple posts like this one? "RocketsLegend" is busy making a joke of this forum, in my humble opinion.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I thought it was pretty well-established and understood by now that the state has latitude to circumscribe your rights after due to process of law. Your right to freely associate, for example, is significantly limited when they put you in prison.

Bored, mostly.

19. TheresTheDagger

20. CometsWin

Next time someone asks you if you want voter ID, ask if you'd like to be unable to vote because your name or address is spelled wrong on the voter rolls. Derp.