1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why The Rockets Might Not Make The Playoffs (BBALLBREAKDOWN)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IvanLCPM, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Rocketsfan3422

Rockets will do fine in fact we are making strides...we will shock people in the playoffs. Love that narrative

BigShasta likes this.
  2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

We’re not that far from the top seed even now. One thing that is concerning to me is the lack of enthusiasm on the team. Last year they seemed to always be having fun. This year it’s like a bunch of Co-workers. Maybe it’s the fact that the players feel like they could be traded?

arabrocket likes this.
  3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Chris is slowly getting back into his groove and you can see it in his bounce. Clint is playing well. James is playing out of his mind. Tuck is being Tuck.

The issue is consistent depth. If Gerald's shot isn't falling, he's gotta be a better defender. If EGo's shot isn't falling, he's gotta stop settling for the three and attack the rim.

Ennis needs to attack the rim more as well. I like his shot, but it's unorthodox and cringeworthy at times.

*Bias Alert* : I'm glad to have Ne back. In limited minutes, he's been a refreshing look, and in the least, is setting good picks to free up other guys.

Needs: #DecreaseTheDrop

I'm feeling like a trip East and then to Vice or Disneyland. You never know though, maybe some Beans and a New York minute. I like Space, too. The depth and freebirds are everywhere, but which guy(s) decrease the drop the quickest?

Apologies, but the ears are too much some nights and I have to filter through the proximity, likelihood, naysayers and simple chatters with awesome, but useless (Rockets) chatter.

Thank goodness for Cyber.

We need the news with health and vice versa.

Love ya'll

Deuce, clutchdabear, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  4. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

I like BBallBreakdown normally but the Rockets are 1.5 games out of the 8th seed, if they stay healthy they will make the playoffs easily. If they are able to get some defensive cohesion and positive regression on shooting, and add on another solid piece or two they could have a shot at contending.

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@ROXTXIA @craguin some decode this lol

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

BBallBreakdown actually said the team is going to have a hard time with a low Playoff seed. Not making it is the worst case scenario.

People should watch the video in its entirety and not just jump to the title of this thread.

This video could also be an older one. They were talking about negatives more than positives.

The next step is to figure out how to secure Home Court advantage.

7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Encouraging sign:

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gawd, as if I'm any better at de-coding Codman than are others on the board. But if you hadn't mentioned my username, I wouldn't have seen Cod's post.

Best guess?

(1) Miami
    (2) Orlando (since he mentioned East, although if so, it would be a mistake, because Disneyworld is near Orlando, and Disneyland is in California, in which case, he's referencing the LA teams)
    (3) Boston
    (4) Obviously the Knicks or Brooklyn

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Wow!

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny how Codman posted in this thread and rather than Pippin's stone tossed into the water that awoke The Watcher, it was like a turd that went PLOONK and was done.

Oh, well. I guess until a trade actually occurs we've worn out our index fingerprint on the F5 button.

11. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I think it's more like "Harden clearly IS special...and could become much more efficient simply by not taking a shot of that difficulty nearly as often as he currently does."

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Harden is making those plays within the offense than MDmA runs. There's nothing wrong with those plays because he gets the ball off cleanly. This video was terrible and the guy focused mostly on what happens late in the shot clock. Our offense has improved tremendously lately and there's no recognition of that. The dude was straight hating.. no need to prop him up over hate.

His defensive analysis didn't offer any fixes but he was fair about it. The offensive analysis was bull ish.

13. walangjo

walangjo Member

With THJ a healthy scratch, Knox showing potential and the Zhou Qu waiver, can we see a Knight, Chriss, FRP for THJ, Ntilikina or Burke and some fillers trade?