1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why the Rockets lost last night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tod the bod, Mar 23, 2001.

1. tod the bod

tod the bod Contributing Member

(1) Because they had no interior defense on Olowakandi (sp?).

(2) Because they gave the Clippers offensive rebound after offensive rebound.

(3) Because they refused to take the ball inside on offense (either by posting down low or by driving hard to the basket) and settled for lousy outside shots.

(4) Because their outside shot selection sucked. Too many miricle type shots -- especially from Jack.

(5) Because they complain to the refs every time they drive to the basket and don't get fouled (and I'm not even necessarily talking about Mobely's dumb mistake at the end of the game).

(6) Because they did a lousy job of stopping the Clippers from scoring at the end of the first two quarters.

(7) Because they didn't pass the ball enough and played isolation basketball even when it wasn't working.

(8) And most of all -- because they lacked any intensity, they came out flat and they stayed flat. Can the Rockets do me a favor. If they are going to mail it it, let me know so I don't waste my time watching the game.

The Rockets blew any chance they might have had of making it to the playoffs last night. I hope that they thought long and hard about the loss -- especially Stevie Franchise, who couldn't even take his headphones off during one of Rudy T.'s intesity sessions.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You heard them mention that too, eh? Did this get any mention anywhere else or was it just the Clipper announcers that brought it up?

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What headphones? Explain for those of us that didn't hear/see what you're talking about, please.

------------------
    "We need a chicken butt." -- heypartner is moving swiftly to help make the CC.net BBS more efficient and run faster. RAM was the first step, apparently this is the second!

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There was an article in the Chronicle the other day in which Rudy T. was trying to talk to the players about handling adversity. At the time they were on a roll and Rudy was trying to explain that if bad things start to happen, to handle them in stride and not let them get you down.

Steve's response was that he didn't want to hear about any negatives and he put on his headphones.

------------------

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I dunno. I kinda like that...

------------------
    The season's halfway over...and I still need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Of course, you know that means Steve is a Sunshine Ass.

7. Live

Live Member

The Rockets are officially, as Vitale like to say, "a donut team, no middle BAYBEE!"

All I can say about Cato and the "defense" he played last night is I might have an eviction notice on my door when I get home due to all the cursing and hollering I was doing last night.

THAT WAS THE MOST PATHETIC, HORRIBLE EXAMPLE OF "STEALING MONEY" I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

The play that really pissed me off, not that ugly "turnaround" (if that's what you want to call it) that Kandi got off time and again, started with Kandi being on the right side off the floor, he moved to the middle, brought the ball right into Cato's chest, a la David Robinson, and flipped it over Cato for 2.

THAT SORRY SHOT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLOCKED INTO THE TOP DECK OF THE STAPLES CENTER!!!

It would've had Dream been in the lineup.

Anybody out there still wants to convince the rest of us that Cato's the future in the middle?!

------------------

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Anybody out there still wants to convince the rest of us that Cato's the future in the middle?!

Not me!
    and this is coming from one of the perpetual "sunshine asses" on the BBS..

but what is the solution there? Like someone is gonna take him off of our hands..yea right.
    CWebb already said he did not want to play the 5..so no go there...just who the hell can we get?

Forget anything and everything else..the ONLY thing the Rox HAVE to do this off-season is get a damn center!!!
    We dont HAVE to have Webb...we don't HAVE to replace Shan.

Me thinks that RT and CD better start talkin to Dream and plead with him to stick with us one more year!! That is what we MUST do!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rockets2K (edited March 23, 2001).]