1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the Rockets has been losing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FOBolous, Apr 28, 2014.

1. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

while Lin and his bone headed decisions/plays undoubtedly played a big role as in we lost, i think it's completely unfair to blame our losing on Lin. Because of his contract, he has became an easy scapegoat...our whipping boy. but using Lin as a scapegoat doesn't change the fact that there are MANY other issues as to why we've been losing...here's a few:

1. Harden. Dude has been atrocious. He's averaging 32% from the field. 32%. Let that sink in. 32%. That's horrible. This has to be the worse FG% of any "star" SGs in NBA history. This isn't a fluke either...Harden has a history of choking in the playoffs. Last season, he averaged 39% vs OKC. This is a history that will continue to repeat itself long after Lin is gone if it isn't addressed. Harden is also a TO machine late in games. He averaged close to 5 TOs in our losses. And let's not mention Harden's defense...or lack of defense. Harden's lack of leadership skills is appalling too. He threw the whole team under the bus after Game 2 and refused to acknowledge his horrible play....his attitude brings back flashback of Tmac when HE threw the team under the bus after yet another 1st round exit. And he REALLY needs to stop going to strip clubs before games. This series has really cast doubt on Harden as the "leader" of this team and as the #1 option.

2. McHale. He sucks.

3. We are extremely weak at the PF position. Our weakness at the 4 allowed Aldridge to repeatedly go off on us. Our defense made Aldridge look like the GOAT. Don't get me wrong....Aldridge is good. but he's not THIS good.

4. We are weak at the PG position. Lin lacks confidence and make bone headed mistakes. Beverly has been disappointing in the playoffs too. Not only has he been unable to hold Lillard, he's averaging he's averaging 39% from the field.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I like
    your handle but shouldn't it be FOBulous?

3. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

i got the idea for it from the rapper Fabolous back when i was in high school a long time ago.

4. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

You can have a bad game but still make game winning plays to turn the game in your favor. Lin does the opposite. I've seen all 82 games every possession every play and more often then not lin is definitely a momentum changer.... For the wrong team.

5. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

are you going to pretend Lin is the only one stinking it up in clutch. How bout Harden? Every time his ISOs, he either misses or turns the ball over. Howard got tired of it in Game 3 and kept motioning Harden to run PnRs with him over and over again...which Harden did reluctantly.

6. The Jabberwock

We have 3 more options in this position that we never even tried... (DMo, Casspi, Powell)
    The first 2, BTW, proved VERY valuable against the Blazers in regular season.

7. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

If so, nothing to worry, just bench him for next 3 games, we move to round 2 happily.

8. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

so how did LMA did against us in the regular season? and Casspi has dropped off hard since his strong play at the beginning of the season....he has played himself out of the rotation.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

sign Melo and trade him and Harden for Cp3 and Blake Griffin.

10. JazzLakerHater

We're losing the clutch battle also. All season long the Rockets have been one of the most clutch teams in the NBA winning many close games. Only problem is they're playing against one of the few teams who have been better in the clutch all season long than the Rockets and that's the Blazers. Lillard, as Bill Worell always says, is just cold blooded.

11. tangwentao

tangwentao Member

cannot agree with you more...
    No.1 reason: it is a joke when we say Harden is the league's first SG... He really sucks comparing to Tracy Magrady.

No. 2 PF. we just need a good PF to guard Aldrige

No. 3 head coach needs to be more flexibile instead of being a rigid, stubborn freak

No.4 Lin's mistake costs us a lot. He lacks the physicality to fight against Portland PG. Must do something to enhance our PG position.

12. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

This is a very intelligent thread. However, I think that a better coach would address some of the issues you've addressed.

McHale is the biggest reason.

13. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Well, its obvious when Doc Rivers can admit he did bad and its always on our players here.

Then again, if he's hired to be a cheer leader or player's coach then i guess someone else in the FO will have to be beheaded.

14. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Yup on everything you said.
    It is funny how Howard wanted to pnr when that is what he doesn't like to do.
    We need to be pnr more often. Their guards have it easy because we don't wear them down by chasing our guards.

The 4 spot is also a concern- I am not convinced melo coming will solve anything. This is where stats don't have a clue on how to judge fit within roster

Lin needs to step up and play more controlled. It hurts us with his inconsistent play also bev injury is prob worse than we realize. He doesn't have the fight he had in the regular season.

15. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

man...there are some typos in my original post that i REALLY want to fix but i can't cause we can't edit posts on clutchfans =(

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Channeling my best John Madden:

The Rockets have been losing because they have scored fewer points at the end of the game.

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I hope I read that wrong and you didn't compare him to playoff T-Mac.

18. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

you read it wrong. because no where in my post did I compare playoff Tmac vs playoff Harden.

19. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

The reason why we are losing and why we will lose this Series is because we have the worst perimeter D in the Leauge,Lin,Parsons,Haren,Daniels and even Beverley who could Not stop Lillard and that is also a Problem for Howard and Asik who have to clean up their mistakes and obviously get in Foul trouble.

20. jocar

jocar Member

He's an F.O.B. here to defend Lin's honor by pointing out everyone elses flaws. It's the way of the LOF.