1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the pessimism?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Apr 28, 2018.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

What the hell has Ricky Rubio ever done, especially against the Rockets?

Even if Rubio does play and entire Jazz team is 100% healthy and amped up on the very best drugs, Rockets should still sweep.

Jazz just do not match up well with Rockets. They match up much better against GSW.

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Then get you money took lil *****.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

His passing creates more opportunities to scrore. That’s about it. If he comes back in game 3 or 4 they could ride him to an emotional win. That’s the only chance they have to steal one imo.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden destroys him emotionally and physically on a regular basis. Counting on Rubio to steal a game from Rockets is fool's gold IMO.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hurt your feelings, ma'am.

I'll buy you some flowers and whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

bilaal14 likes this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

What do you mean by fools gold? Fools gold would be if I was a Utah fan and I expected Rubio to come back and change the series, which would be delusional.

I said I expect this to be a five game series if Rubio comes back and helps them steal an emotional game in Utah. If not I said we should sweep. I’m not sure where I’m pumping up Rubio in those comments. All of the factors of him and his passing coming back plus their d plus the crowd MIGHT result in an emotional win just like in Minnesota.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I just dont believe Utah has a chance to win one, with or without Rubio. Maybe I'm a homer but I really don't see any chance of j*zz winning one.