1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the hell do we have Sam Dekker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Dec 8, 2015.

1. varughese.arun

Today's Summer League game should put this question to rest. Sam Dekker is the real deal. If he can consistently hit the 3, he will be a starter soon.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

3. varughese.arun

Today's Summer League game was proof that you are wrong.
    The guy was HOOPIN! His shots weren't going in from the outside, and by the 2nd half had only 4 points. However, by the end of the game he had about 19 pts. All of which came from Dekker BLOWING BY DEFENDERS.
    Dekker is the real deal. If he is able to consistently knock down the 3 ball, he will be a GREAT asset.

4. varughese.arun

haa...

who knows, maybe im wrong. I'll catch back up with you at the end of the season and see who was right.

5. basketballholic

You're closer to right than Rasqui. If Dek stays healthy he's got a great shot to crack the rotation. He's a potential mismatch at either the 3 or 4 because of his length, ability to handle, and finish in the paint.

6. i3artow i3aller

:cool:

<iframe width="504" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pczWgCe4Ie0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's diving at will, good to see

8. Chamillionaire

Another wing that can't shoot... it's nice to see him dunking and making layups but this is the SL. He won't be able to do that as easily against top notch competition.

1 person likes this.
  9. MystikArkitect

Gonna look good in a Thunder jersey around the trade deadline.

10. varughese.arun

agree... If he was shooting the 3 ball like he was in the previous game, I'd have been a complete believer. Regardless, he does many other things well NOT to get pt.
    - great foot work for someone his size
    - great movement w/o ball...slashes well to basket
    - can bring the ball up court w ease
    - high energy
    - finishes well w contact
    - high IQ

... I don't know what the other guy is talking about, but this Dekker guy has what it takes. If only he had a shot like Kyle Wltjer.

11. CertifiedTroll

He seems to do a great job in SL. But the lack of lateral movement makes me question his ability to drive against actual NBA competition. His shot leaves plenty to be desired.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When I defend someone, it doesn't mean he's Jesus returned; but, just to say, Dekker shot well in his first SL game and not so well this game. But remember he did just come off a game where he had to limp off, getting a good knee into his leg. Might have thrown his game off.

Let's see how he continues to play before we pull out the "he still sucks" or the "he's the future, he's awesome!" posts.

13. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Me and you think alike...

14. basketballholic

Lack of lateral movement? A non-issue. He has enough length to swallow up most 3's that are quicker than him. And he doesn't lack quickness at the 4.

15. Sanity2disChaos

That was classic!!!

16. Sanity2disChaos

And this thread is now dormant. Let's see.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How's his defense?

Oh nevermind we're not playing that this year

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

One thing about Sam throughout his career...is that he really plays well with the lights on...If the Rockets are in the playoffs next season...And Sam is doing something meaningful in the rotation...he will be beast it up in the playoffs. White boy can play!

Stinks he had his back issue last season. I expected the Rockets to select him last year as he kept falling for no real reason.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Hopefully he continues to play decent in the playoffs as well as Trezl so we actually have some trade pieces

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member