1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the hell do we have Sam Dekker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

yes because that's exactly what I said. I just need a reason to be excited about Dekker at least with Clint there was some potential, tell me where you see it in Dekker.

2. Mr Chuck Norris

This will be the token "I've grown to hate Dekker thread" then and to the answer the question who'd id rather draft? Kerman grant and Bobby Portis.... Or maybe someone that can shoot the damn ball.

But I'll sit here and pretend like this guy is going to be a great players #gorox

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I wanted the Suns pick or Mavericks rookie.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i have grown to HATE SAM EKKER! HE PLAYS NO D AND ISNT A LIGHTS OUT SHOOTER! EKKER, GET OFF MY TEAM, NOOOOOOOOOWWWWW! >(

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dekker is a certified grade A scrub and bust

I called it a waste of 18th pick right when we drafted this pompous fool on draft night

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So what is the Upside on this kid?

What is our Expectation from him?

Will he contribute in a meaningful way?

What is his best skillset?

Rocket River

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It took Dmo 10 years to develop.

Let's give this guy 5 minimum

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hear he's already dead.

9. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

He makes a few threes in 2K16 in the year 2017. We should probably keep him.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am not saying kick him off the squad
    I just want to know what are we getting in the kid
    Has he shown anything

I have not seen him on the court
    Don't seem to hear much about him with the Vipers

Rocket River

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

He also plays super tentative like he never wants to touch the ball. He shy's away from all contact and can't hit a free throw to save his life. Plus his assists are low cause he never makes the right passes.

The dude is clearly not a baller.

The only upside I see is the guy never turns the ball over.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Too slow laterally - or maybe that was due to his back injury that he had operated on.....

DD

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

We haven't seen him healthy so we don't have much to go on other than college scouting reports. By the time he was in summer league I think he was already having back issues and looked like he was slowed down. In college he had a pretty versatile offensive game and if he adds a 3, he could be like a Parsons-lite on offense. I understand that Parsons is too often used as a comparator for obvious reasons but I do think from his college game that it's not a bad comparison to make.

15. FeaR

FeaR Member

He is injured. After all star game he will probably play for Vipers and we will see what he can offer next year.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A close comp coming out of college is Jeff Green. From a skill set & a physical standpoint he's sort of a master of none, good at all type of player. Versatility is his calling card at this point.

But he's a rookie prospect who hasn't played yet really. So anyone's opinion that changed from July 1st to now is full of crap. You gotta see someone in real NBA games, and healthy before you can have a respectable opinions.

But respectable isn't a qualification for opinions in the GARM anymore. We just got opinions.... and lots of them.

I think he'll be a versatile 3/4 who will probably have big moments in the NBA, but won't be a star by any stretch. But on a rookie contract for several more years, its hard for me NOT to see him holding pretty decent value for an NBA team if he plays up to where his comps are projecting him to be.

17. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Well who else has been a great player from 1st round picks 19-30? Not a lot of talent to choose from

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I called him a scrub on draft night because he doesn't have a single skill set that will translate well at the NBA level.

To answer your questions.

Only expectation is to trade away his sorry ass ASAP or even cut him

He will NOT contribute in a meaningful way to this team

Best skillset? None whatsoever on the court at the NBA level. I guess his best skill set right now would be cheer leading in his blue suit.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He's pretty damn athletic and shot the ball well in Division 1. I know nothing about him nor do you, so you got to keep you mouth shut for now.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This....