1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the GOP is and will continue to be the party of white people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by geeimsobored, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Major

Major Member

Except that 40-45% of white people support Democrats.

Take a guess what percentage of minorities support the GOP.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I agree, finances play a large part.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Commodore with his typical "but but you do it too!"

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I find it weird that we have to resort to class warfare by race proxy because Americans in general do not like to discuss the topic head on. It's all boiled up into code words that have become pejoratives or contain negative connotations. Income inequality? Still happening. Wealth redistribution? Already happening and has happened for a long long time.

Please don't quote his ugly bull****.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

So you're saying there is no such thing as a racist liberal? :rolleyes:

Like the majority of Americans, whites also make up the majority of liberals... and to think that there aren't millions of racist liberals just as there are conservatives is flat out stupid. Either way, racism is not a white vs. black issue. Hispanics, Asians and countless other races experience racism too you know.

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

GOP got 8% of the black vote, WOOHOO!

7. dback816

dback816 Member

But America doesn't care about those people.

We are all about the White vs. Black according to the media in case you haven't noticed

8. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Worst Thread of the Year. Next

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Racism doesn't know limits.

But there's a lot of racists down south. Seems it's more related to ignorance than anything else. And there's a lot of conservatives who reject education system and justify themselves in their ignorance - they also tend to be the racists.

The flip side are poor urban minorities who live basically in ghettos. They have a crappy education and not to a surprise, are fairly stereotypical in their assessments of others.

We need to educate both groups. But the racist southern whites - because of their tendency to vote and shop at Walmart - do a whole lot more damage.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect, which orifice did you pull that out of? Considering that it's a crap statement without foundation, I guess the answer is obvious. Is there any chance you can cram it back up in there, and spare us the odor? Hell, I'll settle for an edit.

11. Major

Major Member

I think he was saying that this:

There are just as many racist liberals as there are conservatives.

was ridiculous.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Racism exists on both sides.

However, I would argue that Republicans/Conservatives are much more intolerant of differences in comparison to Liberals.

Just an opinion, but then again, if you consider party platforms, voting base and ideology, it's not much of a stretch.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I have seen more segregation and racism in the Midwest than I ever did in the South.

14. AXG

AXG Member

There are many non-white Repubs. Although they all tend to "act white."

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You went from there are just as many racist liberals as there are conservatives to so you're saying there is no such thing as a racist liberal. See what you did there?

BTW, if whites makes up 60% of the Republican Party they cannot by definition make up the majority of the Democratic Party. That's just math.

I'm well aware everyone experiences racism, I certainly don't need any cues from you on that. I'm not playing your "everyone does it" game. We all know who does it and how it affects people's lives. This racism against whites is Chris Rock telling a joke or some kid from Sugar Land who didn't finish in the top ten percent so he doesn't get automatic admission to UT. The other racism is built into a system that cost people's lives, built into funding, built into things that really matter in society.

16. Nextup

Nextup Member

Neither party is the white mans party. Both parties are for the rich and the rich only. Is everybody blind? Yes it's true that whites have more advantages then minorities in america but that doesn't take away from the fact that almost all of us regardless of race, gender or sexuality are getting screwed out of our minds by the government. Banks get bailed out hard working Americans get laid off and get their homes foreclosed. Ceos get ungodly bonuses while the workers get let go.
    Stop taking sides,screw republicans and democrats. Its time to start taking each others sides. Where all in this together,whether we like it or not. Their is strength in numbers. The 99 percent of us who are getting screwed need to understand who the real enemy is the 1 to less then 1 percent of the world who controls it.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Considering black American culture is economically, behaviorally and intellectually contrarian and we're in the most prosperous and racially inclusive time in history, we all do to some extent. The ones who are Republican either hate gays or abortion; or, like Kent Hamblin, grew very cynical observing black political leadership in urban communities. Then there are those who are so successful professionally that the notion of white privilege seems ridiculous, or at least completely surmountable (which it is anecdotally).

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hopefully in 20 years we'll be saying "remember the Republican party?"

We need a party that represents some kind of realistic alternative to massive bloated runaway government AND doesn't come with all of the stereotypical stigmas and built-in stereotypes by moderates or independents.

I realize this is wishful thinking because our horrible parties are a reflection of the voter base. :( (no comment about the Democrat party for now.)

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

1. 72% of population
    2. Two major parties, each with roughly 45-50% of the vote.
    3. > 60% of Repulicans
    4. ?????
    5. < 60% of Democrats?

20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the tea party is against a massive bloated runaway government. that's its raison d'etre.

perhaps by actually examining who the tea party really is, you could in turn dispel some of the stereotypes you bemoan.