1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Why Rudy Gay is not in CLUTCHCITY: My theory

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 30, 2006.

1. edc

edc Contributing Member

Unless there is something you would like to tell the class, "We" have never played in an NBA playoff game.

Mr. Van Gundy came out with a plan that surprised the Mavericks, but was ultimately outcoached, and his team outplayed to the tune of the worst game seven loss in NBA history.

Shane Battier is just like his new head coach - adequate and uninspiring.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Thats stupid.

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Why don't you say that to the millions of fans around the world that refer to their team as "we"

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you guys defending this move are on some crazy stuff now. memphis wasn't supposed to win a playoff game, he was part of a 49 and 50 win team. the rockets won a playoff game against the lakers on a 45 win team and I'm sure a lot of you would take gasol over francis.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we in the western conference finals then. Rockets vs Clippers.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

im not going to judge the rockets off season until its complete.

pat riley got alot of "HEAT" for signing a bunch of old or overrated players and look what happened.

i'll tell you a player that can make a difference... TIM THOMAS

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Wow! This makes me want to sign up for the NBA League Pass right away...

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Exactly! Well, let's see how CD's "master plan" turns out. If things don't work out, the worst that could happen is that they wind up in the 2007 NBA lotto where I'm sure they'll have a chance to trade their pick for another "solid veteran player".

9. compucomp

compucomp Member

Thomas only does anything under 2 conditions:

1. He's on a contract year
    2. He plays for the Suns, who fit his perimeter-oriented game to a T

If the Rockets sign Tim Thomas they will get the same guy so unmotivated that the Bulls felt it necessary to eat the entire $14+ million on his contract without getting ANYTHING out of him.

10. munco

munco Member

The Heat also has a guy that can get to the rim at well. Like everyone else has been harping about we don't have that quickness/athleticism. All the top teams in the league have guys that do.

11. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

ok.... if you want clutch so much, why dont you trade gay down and pick up super clutch jjredick, m.williams, and then send stro somewhere for a battier-esque player, just because gay hasnt proved himself clutch yet doesnt mean we have to get raped on a trade

12. sun12

sun12 Member

You lose all your credibility by suggesting Tim Thomas who never had heart or clutch in the Bucks, the Knicks and the Bulls. Steve Nash and the Phoenix system makes everyone looks good if that person can at least shoot the ball.

And you suggest Gay is not clutch and suggest Rox take Tim Thomas who has no heart at all. Woow, what a joke!

13. tinman

Supporting Member

if i were GM, we'd have like 10 titles by now.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Tim Thomas has no heart? Did you watch the Laker series? what about the Clipper series? or what about the playoffs?

Suggest Gay has no heart? What has he done in College? Where's his championships?

Listen SON, I mean SUN, get on the bus, I'm taking you to SCHOOL.

Look Son, drop facts not dookie on clutchfans.

I'll drop some facts for you to snack on . (Please explain why he was not clutch in these situations)

Game 1 vs Lakers
    Tim Thomas had 22 points and a career playoff-high 15 rebounds for the Suns, who nearly succumbed to coach Phil Jackson's game plan of taking the small Phoenix lineup inside, then turning to Bryant to finish it off.

Game 6 vs Lakers (esentially the Suns would have lost the series without Tim Thomas's clutch 3)
    Thomas made two huge 3-pointers, Boris Diaw and Shawn Marion each scored six points in overtime, and the Phoenix Suns beat the Lakers 126-118 Thursday night to force a Game 7 in the first-round Western Conference playoff series.

Playoff stats: FG 49% THREE PT% 55% PTS GAME 15.1

Need toilet paper now Son?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

My credibility? Besides my infinitely superior knowledge of the NBA game..

I have met Hakeem, Horry, Otis Thorpe, Calvin Murphy

ROCKETS DEITY!

I take their heart and energy and wisdom and help share it with Clutchfans.

You aren't blessed like me.

Im the chosen one.

16. compucomp

compucomp Member

Can I have some of the acid you've been dipping?

17. TheBigSleep

TheBigSleep Member

I saw this game, and it was one of the games that convinced me that Gay might be the most overrated player in college basketball. Marquette has about 1/10th the talent of UConn and Gay still got burned with all the shot blockers behind him (not that it mattered with Novak, who was nailing J's left and right, but that makes Gay look worse as he KNEW jumpers were coming).

Im really starting to warm up to the Battier trade, and Im really beginning to wonder if Gay was going to become the next Joe Forte.

18. SunsRocketsfan

you people are dumb!! stop finding excuses..im not saying gay is going to be great. but u do have to evaluate his athletic ability. and lets say he is leaps beyond battier in that department.. his atheltic ability alone can get him 10 pts 5 rebs at worst... JUST LOOK AT AMARE... hmm he is probably the best player of that draft (other htan yao debatable since amare got hurt last season) but lets not forget AMARE slipped to 9th!!!! 9th!!!

19. SunsRocketsfan

oh on another note. .we all know Jerry West is way better on evaluating talent than JVG or CD ever will be.. so if West is raving so much about Gay i believe him.... atleast definately over Van Dumb Ass and stupid ass CD

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

how old is cd? my theory is he's too old to stay up too late that he wanted to get it it done and over with by accepting the first deal which comes to him.. he didn't even wait until we made a pick and entertained other offers or have memphis give hime a better deal..