1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Why no "White Panther"?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DarkHorse, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So I guess they didn't make good movies because their schedule could have been longer

Movies aren't competitions. I'm sure Spike Lee is completely professionally satisfied with his last five movies.

There always can be more. That doesn't justify less money based on race but there are plenty black movies that I'm sure the maker believes is complete and needs nothing more.

I mentioned What's Love Got To Do With It as a groundbreaking movie in terms of Oscars in the other thread. 25 years ago. Have you ever seen it? Does it lack in budget?

Or maybe if you asked all directors they all want more.

Financing movies I'm sure become complicated on financing for everyone

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You're taking an individual or subset of blacks' contrasting perspective about single media product, conflating it with all your personal **** and amplifying it to claim it's a problem with the whole "community." Petty projection is a pitiful pattern from pgabs.

Invisible Fan and CometsWin like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I can't believe this thread is still going on.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I lived in Omaha for work for a decade after school, but grew up in Baytown and lived in Houston all through undergrad at U of H. Which, like your childhood school district's racial makeup, hasn't been relevant for twenty ******* years. If you haven't had enough experiences or introspection to think beyond your race or stop assuming you can appraise everyone else with the same SPF, it's no wonder you're miserable enough to hijack a thread about a joke clip because you're earnestly pissed off some black people enjoyed a comic book film.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I remember your post about taking Deckard to the premier of that movie.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im referring to what I saw in the media and on Facebook

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not upset people enjoyed the movie. I think the reaction to the as a civil rights milestone is ridiculous

As long as you keep misinterpreting I'll keep responding

Chicago didn't see 650 murder twenty years ago with a first half pace of over 750

You talk about racism on this forum being so why shouldn't I talk about poor blacks addressing internal problems

#208 pgabriel, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  9. Exiled

Exiled Member

#pgabriel
    I saw a YouTube of Ali with Sly Stone , and the later somehow reminded me of you

#209 Exiled, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe you are missing something about movie making process. It isn't about making a "good" movie. It's not a factory job where you just try make a product good enough on the assembly line. It's an art as well as a business.

You didn't make any post on here 25 years ago. pgabriel might have but that isn't you. What's Love Got To Do With It was made by a white filmmaker. Why are you bringing that up in a discussion about black filmmakers?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Technically wouldn't it be a Snow leopard?

DD

12. amaru

amaru Member

I’m still trying to follow what the hell Pga is talking about. He’s all over the place.

13. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

10 years later and you still calling people intellectual insults? Hey whatever happened to your sign-off?

14. omgTHEpotential

Either give us White Panther, or de-urbanize the toyota center fan experience!

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I still think Panther movie has fairly lasting themes for what it is. Instead of making Wakanda and colonialism binary, it became more about holding power and the lasting consequences with the choices made from it.

Well that explains why Apple is Supremacist Devil.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

18. amaru

amaru Member

I think this movie has shown that a lot of people were waiting for a new twist on typical super hero films.

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Black Panther continues to make history.
    Black Panther has been breaking box-office records since it hit the big screen in February, but this week it will be making a different kind of history when it becomes the first film to be shown in a movie theater in Saudi Arabia in 35 years. The milestone comes as a result of Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s efforts to modernize the country, and the theater will even allow men and women to sit together and enjoy the feature. Via a deal with AMC, theaters in 40 cities are expected to open within the next five years. Despite these efforts, it is likely that Black Panther will face censorship, and be limited to one kiss and one curse.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It needs to run 8 more months till Black History Month.

With the bright insights in this thread, we now know how it's all related...amirite?