1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why James Harden is not in the MVP ladder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Are you serious? LeBron is an amazing team player. He's a very willing passer and always looks to get team mates involved.. saying he takes away from others game is ridiculous.. he always makes sure to to get his team involved and takes over when he needs to.

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The disrespect Harden gets on this forum is infuriating.

He is still only 24 years old and getting better.. and you guys whine and cry. He has his flaws, and he has a lot to work on. But we're lucky to have gotten him on this team.

I swear.. you guys would be happier with Lowry/Martin/Battier/Scola/Hayes lineup..

1 person likes this.
  3. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

cos Defense.

4. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Harden is not MVP material. Period. He is a Allstar and a flawed Superstar but MVP is in another tier. MVP is Something that is reserved for LeBron and Durant these days when Rose is on clutches.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Saved us tonight. But it's the Wizards soo.

6. baki

baki Member

+2. He's not even the go-to-guy that everyone looks for when they are all capable of scoring and setting up plays themselves.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You know Harden was the playmaker for OKC with Durant and Westbrook on the court, right?

8. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

stats padding by no defense.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

James isn't perfect but he is the top shooting guard in the league and there is at least a half a dozen games that the Rockets don't win if James doesn't absolutely take over at some point in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

The Rockets are currently 10 games above .500 and with out James Harden we would be .500.

1 person likes this.
  10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

What exactly is your definition of "stat padding"?

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thats a pretty accurate statement.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The ClutchFans "rookie LOF" definition of course.

13. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Any shot that isn't taken by Lin or assisted by Lin is obviously stat padding.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden should be in the conversation of MVP, but obviously isn't in the lead for the award.

His offense is efficient, and also prolific.

Harden makes his teammates better. He sets them up, and makes an effort to do so.

Harden is the leader of the Rockets. He's the leader. He plays like a leader and takes over when he needs to take over. He brought the Rockets back against the Lakers the other night, almost did it against Atlanta, and did it again against Washington.

His defense is definitely poor. At times this year, it's actually been much better, but it isn't consistent, and there are plays where he just takes off on defense. That's the main drawback for the guy.

But the Rockets are a winning team with a good record in the West. With Harden as the team's leader, he deserves consideration in the MVP talk.

The fact that he doesn't get it doesn't bother me near as much as unappreciative fans of his own team, though. That's disgusting.

1 person likes this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

This ^^^

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

So much hate for Harden on this board... It's crazy.

Ya'll need to go back watching the Vipers battlefight.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

Kinda like posting the same garbage over and over again? Post count padding! I've yet to see you contribute anything worthwhile to a discussion here. You and some of your cronies complain about people disrespecting Lin and throw the "LOH" term around but you're as guilty as any hard core hater.

Anyone who feels the need to consistently attack our best player (I could make a case for DH but that's another discussion) obviously has an agenda. Yes, we all know about Harden's lack of defensive effort. We all have seen him make boneheaded mistakes. We acknowledge this. Hell he's deservedly criticized often here. However, we also know he's one of the best scorers in the league and can take over a game.

But no, all you ever have to say is how Lin is disrespected, poorly coached and being held back. To validate your argument you have to bash other players.

I love the passionate and basketball intelligent discussions here. I wouldn't read and post if I didn't. It's a shame posters like you feel the need to gum up the works.

I can't believe I wasted five minutes typing all this when I could have just ignored you. I guess you win after all.

18. TheJet

TheJet Member

Thank you. Although I would interject that the people that do not appreciate Harden's contributions are not fans of our team. You can dislike a guy all you want, but denying his skill and value to a team equates to an agenda.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

James is a full fledged super star. Better than Clutchfans wet dream, Paul George.

Clutchfans takes him for granted and fail to realize how much better he is this year. That mid-range game that was once non-existent, is now a weapon that he is using at the end of games. Its a good sign when your 24 year old superstar is turning weaknesses in to strengths. Guy is getting better:eek:

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This deserves rep. Couldn't have said it any better my self.