1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

An authentic G-League Ignite Jalen Green jersey

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. vince

vince Member

Every year can’t miss prospects MISS…. It’s happened before, and it will happen again.

The NBA draft is such a crap shoot, because there is so little data to do adequate research, especially when the players are 18 and 19 years old.

I wonder who Morey would have drafted had he been at the helm of this past draft?

But, there was too much bad blood between Tilman and Morey….

Easy likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yesss! I was hoping for a lifetime of misery from unrealistic expectations, but this will do!

[​IMG]

steddinotayto likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

With KPJ already here, we should have drafted Mobley - I mean KPJ and Green both are similar players and need time to develop, Mobley is a unique player in the league - so athletic and skilled - much more so, than anyone else.....Mobley should have been the pick - hopefully Green turns out to be a superstar...otherwise this might be the Rocket's Sam Bowie moment.

DD

vince and D-rock like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sengun will be better than Mobley.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wasn’t the argument on here that we shouldn’t draft Cade because he’s too similar to KPJr and Green would fit a lot better? Now it’s Green who is too similar?

D-rock likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

With KPJ HERE? Boy if you don't getcho....

8. steddinotayto

Wasn't there a group on this board days ago that had a raging hard on for Giddey?

2/7 shooting
    10 rebounds
    3 assists
    1 turnover
    4 points
    -16 +/- (I'm throwing this in here because apparently it's en vogue for evaluation purposes now)

9. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Bingo! It’s more Sengun vs Mobley rather than Green. Just dumb to even start this debate after 1 game. To really evaluate these players it will take a few years to do so.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Giddy was mixed here. But NBA media seems to hype him up a lot.

Clutch said he hated Giddy's shot form. For Friday against OKC, I seriously hope Green would show up on offense. Point of pride, Green needs to do better than Giddy.

D-rock, GotGame15 and steddinotayto like this.
  11. steddinotayto

I honestly had no lead horse regarding prospects going into the draft. I actually hope all of them do well because that means the NBA, as a whole, will continue to be watchable. I'm just confused as to why some are so eager to "win" because the prospect they wanted performed better than the one they didn't want after ONE SINGLE game. Like, both Green and Mobley were touted as two of the top prospects for a reason and that reason isn't "Who can put together a great one game career". If by the end of the season Mobley stays at his current pace and Green develops into an 18 ppg scorer with a shooting line of something like 41%/34%/80% did anyone really "win" on this board?

#1431 steddinotayto, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

You're a better man than I. I'm still salty on the stress OKC put on the Rockets last draft. Them possibly taking our pick. We also got Sengun from them. So as far as team rivalry and narratives, there's something there for Friday's game.

steddinotayto likes this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah but KPJ is a bit sucky at the moment.

Glad we snagged Sengun though make me less bad about Mobley

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Evan Mobley: 17 points and 9 rebounds in 38 minutes.
    Sengun: 11 points and 6 rebounds in 19 minutes.

Sengun >>> Mobley

CriscoKidd likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think Green is at least a few years away from that kind of statline and even then he'll be one of the worst defenders in the league.

I'm just going to hope for the best while acknowledging that the GM most likely dropped the ball with the #2 pick.

The good news is he might have the #1 pick next year due, in part, to his mistake.

16. DaDakota

Why not have both? We would be better defensively already.

DD

17. steddinotayto

Don't you think that there's a possibility--even if it's like 3%--that your judgement on Stone picking the wrong player at #2 is a bit premature considering we're only one game into the season? I'm not trying to change your mind at all because that's none of my business but what's the rush into cementing your belief that selecting Green was a bad decision?

18. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I insist, the discussion is not Mobley or Green, in any case it should be Mobley or Sengün. There is no way the Rockets would go after Sengün once they had selected Mobley with the second overall pick.
    Beyond that, let's try to be serious, it's impossible to properly evaluate rookies after two or three games in the NBA.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How did Mobleys garbage time stats and a -18 contribute to defense again last night? 1 block & 1 steal and now he's Ben Wallace with a jumper? SMH. Good for Mobley that he's surrounded with competent vets who can take the pressure off - that's a big help.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  20. DaDakota

Sure, it will all play out in the end, I guess......but for me, I live by the mantra - when choosing like skilled players always take the taller one.

Yes, completely agree with your point there as well.

DD