1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. raining threes

Yes there are areas that Green needs to improve upon after his first professional game. Overall I think the skies the limit for Green though.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If you want to reduce a top 10 all time shooting guard's career to "low efficiency chucker" sure, that's who Ray Allen defended.

Drift Monkey and King1 like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It really wouldn't.

LOL, me pointing out that he did well, but it would have been better if he had cut down a few of his ill advised shot attempts somehow has you thinking I hate the kid and don't want to see him succeed....again, you crazy kids make me miss the Lin fans.

You guys are absolute extremists and it's kind of hilarious.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The crazy part is Sengun got most of his from the FT line... in reality he shot an abysmal 3-10 from the field.

To **** on one kid's shooting percentage by touting another kid from the same team as having a superior game, while STILL having an even WORSE shooting percentage has to take the cake here.

Mobely shot 6-17 by comparison to Jalen 9-18.... which percentage is greater now???? The world may never know........

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Of course you would. You already are comparing people who like him to Lin fans. Anyone here can see it from a mile away that you will anguish and squirm if Green becomes successful.

6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Unicorn was definitely more of a My Little Pony...

Drift Monkey, raspar and FLASH21 like this.
  7. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

How could you not be excited about green. It was always green mayne

Drift Monkey and 34to11 like this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

I also think Sengun was the best player in that first SL game. Not a knock on Green by any means.

Drift Monkey, CXbby and RHU525 like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he could be an amazing scorer.

Now sure, the crazed zealots here have lost their minds because they think I'm not praising their boy enough, but what I've said is true. Had he cut back on a few possessions where he got tunnel vision and forced things that weren't there, and focused more on getting higher quality shots for himself and others, he'd have turned what was already a decent performance into an amazing performance.

The good news is that he's still incredibly young and during the season he'll have an actual point guard out there helping him.

raining threes likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I'm cool with you thinking that kiddo. As to the comparison to Lin fans.....look at how you guys have absolutely lost your mind over me pointing out that Sengun was the standout performance.....you are acting like I just cussed out your mother or something. It's irrational zealotry.

11. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Wow I didn't know a 19 year old rookie showed some areas that he needs to work on. No one told me if you were picked top 3 you have to play like prime MJ and Dream from the get go. Are you DD 2.0? Either you are a Rockets fan or you are not. Go to Cavs board if you love Mobley that much. Are you that bored that the only way for you to kill time is to spew all these hot takes so someone would converse with you? What a joke

Drift Monkey and FLASH21 like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

See? This is the kind of stupid comments I'm talking about.

All of this moronic BS simply because I pointed out that Sengun was the standout performance.

13. MystikArkitect

Giannis isn't a good scorer and has carved out a decent niche for himself. I don't think he's a superstar by any means but he was able to be the best player on a Championship team. I can see a future where Mobley develops an offensive arsenal that is elite.

The key difference is that Mobley doesn't appear to have the motor necessary to succeed there. No one's ever questioned Giannis' motor. Just his skillset which he's managed to maximize. Mobley looked WAY more raw than I thought he was going to look. Sengun was better than him from an effort standpoint *and* a skill standpoint. He did look a little more engaged in the second half but that's kind been the knock on him. He's not always engaged. Cade has the same red flags and those were apparent yesterday too. Funny how the two high motor guys in the Top 4 came out guns blazing, and the two guys with questionable motors came out a little limp.

Drift Monkey and vator like this.
  14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Sengun definitely showed a more complete game. I'm just glad we have both. Green and Sengun had the best game out of all the top picks.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This is high comedy.

16. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

But Mobley took 1 less shot than Jalen so he is the greater player and not a chucker. Did you not watch Jalen "chuck" the ball? He threw it up near the basket and it went in. Such a lucky player.

17. omgTHEpotential

I think you're right. Well, maybe I would include Barnes as well.

Drift Monkey and D-rock like this.
  18. raining threes

Agreed, but this sometimes happens a few times every game when the shot clock is winding down and a guy has to look for his own shot to beat the clock.

Exhibit 1: James Harden
    Exhibit2: : Any point guard who's ever lived.

Drift Monkey, 34to11 and FLASH21 like this.
  19. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Mobley is never know for his offense. He's agile for his size. Has potential to guard all position and can extend his shooting range. He is a project.

D-rock and raining threes like this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I can't imagine the vitriol that would be oozing out of this board if it were Mobley that had the monster game as opposed to the two ROCKETS players that were picked top 2 within their selections.

Mobley is apparently bad at basketball and "we knew that".... which is such an embarrassing excuse for shooting so terribly and getting stuffed on multiple occasions by a 6'8" guy that didn't even play college ball (pfft, how dare he!) and another "Turkish dude" that can't even lift himself off the floor.

Even if these two don't match their performances from last night the back peddling and squirming going on within this board today was well worth it. For one thing I'm glad THE ROCKETS won; not the HOUSTON JALEN GREENS or the HOUSTON ALPEREN SENGUNS.

Drift Monkey, D-rock and fchowd0311 like this.