1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it needs to be Mobley...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Landry's Tooth, Jun 27, 2021.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

I’ve come around to believe that Mobley has the highest ceiling and greatest potential out of anybody in this class including Green and Cunningham. I also think he has the furthest way to go to reach that potential and the most difficult path to get there which in turn makes him the least likely of the 3 to max out. In order for him to get to that place where he becomes this freakish AD/Bosh hybrid with elite big man passing, so many things have to go right. So many ifs. I’m not convinced he has the type of personality that he needs to get himself all the way there and then in turn dominate games night in and night out. I think if he had either Green or Cunningham’s personality, he’d go number 1 overall no question.

2. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

That's a great analysis, personality and drive are the X Factors. If Mobley possesses that drive he will be truly great. It's a mistake to presume he lacks them IMO.

vator likes this.
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Not right away, but that depends how his post game develops.

4. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

This isn't just disingenuous... It's incorrect... Why would you only designate "driving to the hoop" with halfcourt situations? Obviously in transition he's still driving to the hoop... Often times taking the ball the length of the court and spinning or euro stepping his way to the cup.

5. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

The NBA and ball at this point is largely positionless especially when referring to non-traditional players... Being listed at PF doesn't mean you play like a big... Giannis plays much more like a big guard/wing than he does like a big... This isn't to say he doesn't have skills that bigs possess, but his skills are much more in line with a guard/wing.

Lloyd Estacio and hakeem94 like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

It needs to be Mobley so our boy D-Rock doesn't have to bottle ole Tillywinks the next time he dines at Morton's.
    You posted dope content all the way through to the end, my dude. Good on ya!
    [​IMG]

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if Mobley has the highest ceiling, people forgot that Bosh was relegated being the defender and 3rd banana on the Heat.

Unless he can play SF and shoot jumpers on the perimeter.

He has to work as hard as Giannis and beyond.

While people like Luka or Trey come in and can virtually dominate by 2nd or 3rd year.

Hard task.

Dobbizzle, vator and Omihall23 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, it takes tons of time to develop those 'bigs'.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  9. vator

vator Contributing Member

Detroit secretly debating taking Mobley? Strong pre-draft workout huh? Must be nice to get one of those.

10. Milos

Milos Member

You cannot 'drive' in open court when no one is guarding you

11. Milos

Milos Member

You know a lot of 'big guards' that average 12+ RPG over multiple seasons, lead the league in dunks, lead their team in blocks by a wide margin, and exclusively score on layups and dunks at the rim?

Sounds more like the resume of a big to me

12. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Exactly my perspective

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sam Presti is trying to trade up to 3 for Mobley. The best gm in the league is trying to trade up for Mobley. Not Green. Mobley.

That's reason enough why it needs to be Mobley for us.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

i think Mobley will be our pick. But I’ll be very happy with Green.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Sam Presti being the "best GM in the league" !!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Fulgore, RasaqBoi and Dobbizzle like this.
  16. CXbby

CXbby Member

I would be shocked if this whole time it was a smokescreen. And delighted. But I doubt it. I think this is the first f'up by Stone and it has Tilman's fingerprints all over it. At least Green will bring excitement to Hou this year, sigh

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yes his draft record is impeccable.

18. BigTex

BigTex Member

Man I really hate the idea of missing out on one of these unicorn type of players

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's one way of looking at it.

The other is the Cavs weren't ecstatic with what they saw in Mobley and so wants to trade down.

If Presti is the best GM in this league, he should know that trading up to 3 means he might get Mobley, but he also might end up with Green. If Green is as bad as some people are saying, Presti is the dumbest GM in the league to trade up just for the chance of taking Mobley, since he has absolutely no control of who he ends up with.

That or, more logically, Presti has done his homework and thinks both Green and Mobley are good prospects to end up with, and the cost to get the 3rd pick is lower than the cost to get the 2nd pick.

RasaqBoi and Dobbizzle like this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

That's why there's no trade yet until he sees who is there at 3.