1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it’s time to move along from Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCRocket, Jan 10, 2024.

1. MystikArkitect

Sometimes I forget KPj existed and my life is better during those moments.

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He didnt shoot better it was near the same jalen is now and that was the last year he shot that bad and Jalen should have been treated the same way

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They scored in very different ways if you are comparing their second seasons. Jalen had nearly 60% of his makes unassisted and Coby 35%.

So Green was being focused on more and was scoring more against set defenses off the dribble.

So if Coby matches Green in efficiency he did it on much easier shot selection. That was the year Zach Lavine had his best season and was taken by all the "bad shots" that Green takes like last second bailout fadeaways when the shot clock was running out. That wasn't Coby's job.

Nook likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I've said this multiple times in multiple posts, but you've said it 10x better!

In my opinion, we have to get the most value from that #2 pick!! I'm on the fence and unsure of which way to jump on trading Jalen or going the full distance with him! (Plagiarizing Time) But if you wait until you are SURE he isn’t it, then everyone else will be sure as well!!!

Go Rockets!!!

DeBeards, CXbby and Joe Rocket like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As the trade deadline nears we will always remember the great Kevin Porter Jr who was combustible......

6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Exactly. The guy who cooked us this game was a bust losing minutes to Ayo Dossunmu until just this season. When a bunch of his draft buddies were getting big contracts, Coby signed $36M/3 years because he hadn't really shown anything in his 4th year and now that contract is looking like an absolute steal. If Jalen is still mediocre in a year we can totally just go a similar route.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

This isn't some random break out that happened in year 5. He's always had these same caliber seasons prior. shoots well from distance and steady play at the pg position. They've had a log jam at guard so they could never full commit to him. This year the small extra counting points is attributed to just playing more minutes and being an everyday starter. up until this season he was out of the lineup, starting, coming off the bench all in one week. repeat that over his career

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

You only trade Jalen for a really good asset or really good player. I want to see Cam take Jalen’s minutes as the season moves on, but waiting until the offseason to make a decision on Jalen isn’t a bad outcome if there’s not a good market at the deadline.

i think the core of this team is Sengun/Bari/Tari/Dillon/Cam/FVV/Amen. I think Jalen could be an amazing 6th man, but I don’t think he’s a good fit in our backcourt because he really needs the ball in his hands to be effective, and he’s not a reliable shooter. Fred has one of the best A:TO rates in the league. He’s the one we want with the ball. Because Jalen doesn’t provide more than scoring, I think Cam would be a much better fit. More size, better shooting, and he’s going to be a better defender than Jalen.

along with having to spend big money on Jalen to extend him soon, I think Jalen needs to eventually be traded, but I don’t think it has to happen at the deadline. I’m good with giving him the full season, but I think Cam’s emergence makes moving Jalen inevitable.

charlieaustin likes this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Jalen hate from “Rockets fans” is getting weird. The Locked on Rockets guy tried to explain how 39% from 3 wasn’t even that good.

Honest to god y’all need to chill.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol no bro. Coby White was universally labeled as a bust until this season.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol yes. random casuals don't matter

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Coby White over 4 seasons had an average PER of 12. He only became a good player this year.

Are you asking to give Jalen Green to year 5 like you did White to see if he becomes good?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah over the 4 seasons he had to deal with everything i said. this year is the first year being committed to him from day 1 and he's started every single one

i didn't even mention jalen green

they have nothing to do with each other

14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Trigger warning if you had a hard time with Nope.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Yes, there are subtle things of improvement in certain areas of his game, but he took two steps back in others...

Shooting has been more inconsistent than previous two years.
    His finishing has dropped to 'atrocious'
    His dribbling skills seems to have declined

I am not sure weight will help him....it seems more mental than physical

Corrosion likes this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Who is shooting 39% from 3?

clutchdabear and Corrosion like this.
  17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Almost has the same name as the other thread too. People gotta be the center of attention lol

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Zach is terrible

19. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Someone has been hitting the dank too much. :)

clutchdabear and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I dont think its hate. He isnt playing well and he's not improving. Wanting to trade someone like that when you have other prospects is not hate. I will say that he should be still given a chance just form the damn bench until he outplays the damn rookies lol

BamBam and clutchdabear like this.