1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY ISN'T JVG PLAYING DEKE MORE? PLEASE TALK SENSE INTO JVG!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ceddy, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ceddy

ceddy Member

I am pissed off with the way JVG is running this team! We have enough talent to be scoring more than 80pts/game. If you ask me, JVG is doing a terrible job, because he is ruining the team. He needs to give the offense more freedom and fast break more! I wish Rudy T never left, because he was a fast break coach, which is more exciting. JVG's style is sooooo boring and he seems to be all talk. JVG I WANT TO SEE RESULTS! I've yet to see them yet:mad:

I don't like how he's been playing Mutombo! He played extremely well vs Detroit. He was blocking shots, rebounding, dunking. In my opinion, he played better than Yao vs Detroit. But my problem is with JVG. Why the heck did you bench Deke? Our interior defence looks WEAK! Vs Toronto we allowed a lot of points in the paint. We need Deke out there. I understand giving him limited minutes, but why the heck would you bench him for the entire game?

PLAY both Yao and Deke at the same time! Try it out for a game. It would impove our rebounding and interior defence. He did it last yr with Cato and Yao. Twin towers back again!

I just wonder if JVG really knows what he is doing. He makes so many wrong moves during the course of a game. And he ruins all-star players. Look at Francis now!!! He is dominating! Under JVG he struggled....Now look at T-MAC!!! under JVG's system he is struggling too! It's time for JEFF to GO! If we were winning under Jeff's system I wouldn't be complaining, but he has never proven that you can win the championship under his system!

Please let me know what you guys think about my post!

Thanks!

Ced

2. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

3. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

I totally agree.
    He hasn't played in 50% of the games already!
    What's going on!!!:rolleyes:

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Given Deke's age and our hopes of going deep into the playoffs, limiting him minutes should atleast allow him to have more left in the tank towards the end of the season. I trust JVG's assessment of playing Deke properly at this point. Again it's too early in the season to criticize every decision JVG does or doesn't do.

5. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Calling Phil Jackon ...... :D

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Weatherspoon has done a great job coming in off the bench getting rebounds and points...so i think he is doing an okay job of mixing it up between the two..sometimes it helps to bring Weatherspoon in since he is a bit more moblie then Deke...

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Posts like these make me wonder just how much some of you actually know about the game of basketball.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I thought this was a thread about football?

9. ty185

ty185 Member

I think you got too many exclamation marks in your post :D

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Deke and Yao at the same time?? where is that Kill me now jpg someone was putting up during the offseason for threads like these

11. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

who are you? Jake Jarmel?