1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why isn't Harden driving (and trying to finish) more?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperMarioBro, Aug 21, 2020.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's called hyperbole.

What is it about my post that you didn't understand?

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Because everytime he drives the refs are reluctant to call fouls. He literally gets hand checked and body checked all game. While Harden, Covington and Tucker blow on a dude and get called for fouls..

D-rock likes this.
  3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It was mentioned somewhere above but I think that aside from being hacked when driving and then unable to get back for defense, he picks up a lot of offensive fouls which cause him to be in foul trouble more than in the past.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

He needs to say it in Doris Burke voice.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

point is he is more effective and efficient han giannie luka and LeBron and u still whining

6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lol no, bruh, I'm not whining. You seem to be a great example of the reason I opened up my OP the way that I did, but I guess for some people, it's just never enough.

Again, what don't you understand? What sounds like whining to you? *******, to think people call me overly defensive about Harden...

#46 SuperMarioBro, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL you're the one who created a thread "Harden doesn't drive as much as we LOFs want him to"

when in fact Harden drives and scores at the very top of the league in this years playoffs

after 3 games, he drives the paint and finishes and scores at higher volume than Lebron, Giannis, Luka, and Kawhi.. you can look it up..

how does pointing out facts and educating "fans" like you being "defensive"

so now the truth and facts is protecting harden?

what ever Mr. "Lin getting close to 30 mpg at the 1 and the 2"

#47 vlaurelio, Aug 24, 2020
  8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Adam may rest in tomorrow match, all people can drive in

9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

maybe harden shoulder has problem for game 3 last minute, do that he is unable to drive

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lol, Lin? What on earth does Lin have to do with any of this? Is this the CF equivalent of calling someone a troll? And once again, I never doubted how much Harden may drive relative to the rest of the NBA. The question is whether he's driving as much as he HIMSELF is capable of driving. Speaking of trolling... yeah, I'm done here. I'm talking to a brick wall.

I apologize that this thread made you catch feelings... Given the current media environment, I can only imagine how irritable you must be if you found this offensive to James Harden.

#50 SuperMarioBro, Aug 24, 2020
  11. pippsux

pippsux Member

The issue is guys missing wide open 3s. I mean wide open and they miss, it forces Harden into “ I gotta do it myself mode” which at times results in bad decisions.

He needs to move without the ball more and don’t always go for the step back

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

My issue with Harden is his total change of play style during closing moment of games where he just becomes a stationary foul baiting sloth.

Harden was doing fine getting into the paint last game outside of when Dort defended him and in the late game situations.