1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why isn't anyone talking about Wade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T.Mcgrady, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Dirk didn't deserve it. If you're gonna give it to a Mav split it between Dirk and Terry.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think Dirk deserved it. You could make a case for Terry too but no problem with Dirk winning it.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think Wade outplayed both of them. By convention MVP goes to the winner, but there is no doubt in my mind that Wade deserved it badly. Dirk was good, but what I saw from Wade made me start to love basketball again. I began thinking to myself "if only he wasn't on the Heat, I'd be the president of his fan club."

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Do you people know what choking actually is? it's summarised in the reversed pun, "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dirk was good games 1-5.

Terry just happened to go off in this game.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Agreed him shooting 57% coming into tonight was just insane to me.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Terry sparked the come back in Game 2 which changed this whole series around, then had two bad games. After that he played good.

I think you could make a case for him.

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'm one of the "Wade is better than Kobe" people. I was disappointed that he didn't take over Game 6.. I thought for sure he wouldn't let them lose three times in a row. Definitely a black mark in his legacy for me, but he's got the next four years to help make it look better. That said, he did still average 26.5 ppg throughout the finals, which was the best on either team.

And let's not bring up Kobe pretending he never lost in the NBA finals.

9. Apps

Apps Member

The reason why people aren't talking about Wade is because he came to play in every game and he's already gotten over the Championship hurdle anyway. Lebron played exceptionally poorly by his usual standards. It's more about, in my opinion, how people are going to look back at this series and use it as a criticism against Lebron's supremacy in the league. It was his unexpectedly poor play, especially in the 4th quarter, that has people buzzing.

Wade just did what he was expected to do, and that was play like a superstar. Not much to talk about there.

And @ LongTimeFan^^, I really don't think this is a black mark on Wade's legacy at all. The guy played incredibly well. As I said, this is definitely a "black mark" on Lebron's legacy if on anyone's. He played far below expectations and if anybody on the court could be pointed to as a choker, it's him.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I think most people here that bring up Kobe are not doing it denying he ever lost finals. They are bringing him up because he won 5 finals. That's why he remains better than Wade. 5 > 1

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Bringing up him having more titles than Wade to me doesn't really make sense no prove a point. If Wade played with a dominant Shaq for the years Kobe did he would have at least 3 rings.

Plus by using the ring argument Jordan is not the best player ever in the NBA.

12. SunsRocketsfan

dirk out scored wade + lbj in the 4h... he clearly was the MVP

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

So by that logic, Bill Russell is better than Jordan. Right? See the problem there?

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hey tinman: Wonder if we'll see more of those puppet commercials with the Kobe & LeBron puppets? You know: the ones where the Kobe puppet constantly talks about his "rings" to the LeBron puppet. I can just see a new one coming out with a D Wade puppet...

15. Steve_Francis_rules

He plays for the first 8 minutes of the fourth quarter. He was just as bad as Lebron in the final minutes of these games. He gave them nothing during the Dallas runs to close the last three games. He missed a game-tying free throw with about 30 seconds left in game 4. He had multiple unforced turnovers down the stretch in the last couple games.

If the refs hadn't gifted him with a championship in 2006, Dirk would be a two-time Finals MVP and Wade would be in the same boat as Lebron.

16. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

To me, LeBron did more than Wade in this playoffs.

Without LeBron, they wouldn't have been in the Finals. Without Wade's pretty line, they would still be lost in the Finals.

Let's be more specific. LeBron turned it on against the Bulls, and he did everything. He shut down Bulls' best player in Rose, when needed. He closed games single-handedly when needed. There is no argument that LeBron sucked or choked in the Finals.

But for Wade, he was bad in the series against the Bulls, for whatever reason - injured or bad match up or saving energy for the Finals. He played a lot better in the Finals, and his stats line supported that. However, when needed, Wade did not close games; when needed, Wade did not shut down anyone, not to mention Dallas' best player.

For those promoted Wade to MVP or even "God-mode" in the game thread, they ought to look at the real numbers - wins. LeBron delivered them ECF, what did Wade do?

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

If you completely ignore that Russell played in a very different era then sure there is one.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I hate Kobe as much as a Denver female resident but Wade isnt anywhere as good as Kobe was offensively... Wade may make more eyepopping defensive plays...but Kobe was a one man wrecking machine in his prime...

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

All of this Heat doomsday stuff (ie acting like the Heat are done because they lost the series) is silly. Yes, Lebron wilted and Wade choked in game six, but the reality is that this team got within 2 wins of a title in their first year together.

They have a washed up PG, a 6'9 center, and no depth to speak of. Upgrade a couple of those things and they will get a ring. I hope it doesn't happen, but I'm pretty sure it will.