1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Rick so reluctant to play Scola in the 4th?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Nov 26, 2010.

1. DJ

DJ Member

One thing that has always puzzled me from since last year is why does Scola play so little in the 4th quarter? Last year, in many games David Anderson, of all people, and Carl Landry finished games in the 4th. In many of those games Scola was the high scoring Rocket, but yet couldn't even get a minute in the 4th quarter. Even this year and especially in the last couple of games, Rick seems to prefer to not play Scola in the 4th. Scola is the most consistent scorer on our team, does not make many mistakes on the offensive end, and is a good rebounder/hustler. In the 4th, I think we need someone like Scola to go to when things are hectic with the outside shooting. We can't give it to Battier, Hayes, nor Brad Miller and have them create in the low blocks. I just can't find any reason why Rick would not play Scola much in the last quarter. For some games, it may work to have Hayes/Miller or Hill/Miller, but if its not working then why not bring in Scola. Rick is usually quick to yank Ish even if he's playing well to bring in Lowry, and for a long time (which he stopped doing recently) he would pull Bud out of the game for Battier. However, when it comes to Scola, he'll just leave his sub in the game during the 4th.

2. highstep

highstep Member

It's because Scola has really really really good defense.

3. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Rick needs to learn, certain players you don't take out, no matter how bad their D is to build Chemistry.

We still lack the identity to close games out and if Rick thinks throwing a different roster in the last 4 minutes is going to help, he is wrong.

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

RA probably didn't want the spider on the roof of the arena to score on the Rockets.

5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Um because Scola cannot play defense to save his life. If Scola was in the game some of you what have been bit******* where Jordan Hill was.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Probably because Diaw was wrecking his **** and he wasnt producing on the offensive end at all.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Did you see Jordan Hill? He was living up to his potential for once.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Yeah after 21 years in the NBA, Rick needs to learn how to think like us...

9. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

because someone here wanted him to play the bench more.
    You are not the only genius on cc.net.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't know if you know this, but I'm actually Phil Jackson of the LA Lakers. I'm pretty sure Lenny Wilkins, Rudy T, and Pat Riley post on this forum as well...

11. DJ

DJ Member

I am all for playing Jordan Hill, too. I would like to see a Hill/Scola frontcourt in the 4th. I really don't think Chuck Hayes or Brad Miller should play more in the 4th than Luis Scola.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Charlotte was playing small-ball, and Adelman preferred a more athletic interior defender/rebounder on the floor (Hill). Scola wasn't having a good game either.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I meant to say 21 years of coaching in the NBA.

And tell Jeanie more tight clothes on TV please.

14. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah I hope Hill and Scola actually start vs. OKC. Its time. Chuck and Battier need to be put on Yao's 24 minute limit lol. Probably less.

15. mrjuandiego1988

bicos me retarted ....ah-hyuk hyuck......

16. PeppermintCandy

Diaw and Mohammad took turns beating up on Scola tonight. I was surprised how effective they were.

17. Prince

Prince Member

Right, he should be looking for threads and comments from DD.

1 person likes this.
  18. yaomingyaoming

Scola is the team's best player. 20/10 player. He should be an all-star this year but probably won't make it.

Yeah he's not good defensively but everything else, he's got it. So why doesn't Adelman play him in the 4th quarter?

Because Adelman is not a good coach. He should retire along with Yao Ming, Battier.

19. yaomingyaoming

21 years and zero championships. what does that tell you?

20. PeppermintCandy

That the Internet gives people a false sense of authority.

1 person likes this.