1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Rick so careless about the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lonestar, Jan 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Why he is so careless about what's going on? Seems he is not the coach. I can't see his eagerness and determination to win (when i said this, you should remember JVG's attitude). Even we as the fans are lot more passionate and enthusiastic and care about the team. He is just like T-Mac now. No motivation. No winning. Only got past fame and money left

Is this famous system supposed to be? Just let players play themselves?

Or, am i the one that does NOT understand his ball philosophy?

I still have faith in the team. I got so much high hope on these talent. However i am so disappointed about the coaching staff. I think it's time to change

It's never been so tortured to watching Raptors are raping Rox. BTW, i am in Canada. Raptors should be my team. But i am definitely a more fan of Rox because of Yao

Just Good luck to Rox. Wish Rox will win all in 2009

Happy New Year to everyone

Thanks

2. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

He's a players coach. This is what Les wanted. He didn't like JVG's intensity.

3. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

player's coach = keeping everyone happy, no accountability, no success.

4. redbig3

redbig3 Member

i would like to trade t-mac with a big-mac now

5. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Now I would trade tmac for anything, even 2nd draft pick..

6. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Haha me too, I guess you read that sign at the game saying "I'd rather have a Big-Mac than T-Mac back in Toronto."

7. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

Something wrong with the team. Did RA lose control of team? Why did he start Luther and Tmac? None of them can score or defend.
    Why didn't Wafer and Hayes get real play time when the others really suck?

8. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Why should he care anymore than the players? They obviously could give a crap less about the things going on right now. Even Ron looks disgusted toninght and like he don't want to be in there.

9. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

With such talents in the team, Rox should be much better in JVG's hand

The positions improvements since he left:
    1.PF (biggest hole at the time)
    2.Ron Artest
    3.The prime age and experience (YAO, T-MAC, BATTIER, SCOLA)
    4.GM

But now... :mad: :mad:

10. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

career loser like T-mac

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

i would like to trade rick with a bic now

12. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

He is getting some $$$$ on the side

13. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

He is counting the $$$ on the court side ;) ;)

14. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

I think he is keeping one player happy and others unhappy and demotivated. Bench TMac until he's OK and you'll see a completely different Rox team.

15. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

He keeps the players happy, how about the fans and the management?

16. killer instinct

He probably feels doomed by the TMac situation and feels like he is just wasting his time with a below avg athletic team and that his reputation hinges on a guy not working nearly as hard as him. A guy that doesn't care but probably cares when that check shows up late in his bank account.

17. jaylee777

jaylee777 Member

I think Adelman's time here is exposing the fallacy of his so called offensive genius. The guy has no clue how to coach this team and its not because of a lack of talent. He is a terrible coach for this team...this team needs intensity and a coach that comes down on them when needed. Im sorry, but I dont think the 22 win streak last year had too much to do with Adelman's coaching. I really do miss JVG...big time.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, this team needs to jettison an alleged superstar with a bad Me-first attitude.

DD

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Rick is a lot like Phil Jackson, except a little more passionate. Both are hands off for the most part, but rarely will Phil get up from his seat during a game. Granted, having a laissez fare coach probably isn't the best idea for T-Mac, but if this team needs an intense coach like Avery Johnson just because one of our players loses motivation every minute, then we were doomed to begin with. Adelman realizes this team isn't as good as he thought. I bet he's regretting coming here now.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

A player's coach works for some players, but not others.

Adelman is fine for a guy like Artest, and Phil Jackson is a good coach for Kobe b/c those guys bring it every night. No one has to sit them down during a meeting to make sure they will play with intensity.

A player's coach like Rick Adelman is NOT good for a guy like Tracy who needs extra motivation and a kick in the butt. He needs someone like a JVG who was very structured, discipline, hard-nosed, and constantly walking the sidelines to make sure everyone was doing what they suppose to do.