1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT GAME 7 of the CONFERENCE SEMI FINALS VS THE LAKERS? Wasn't this just as

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ultrawhite23, May 16, 2015.

1. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That was a 4 seed vs a 1 seed. We were on the road and really didn't have much of a chance.

Now we are at home, and have a legit chance to get to the finals if we can get past LAC.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm I think it has been stated.... But this year we have a real shot to do something special. In 09 once Yao was out I still wanted to believe, but it just wasn't the same series with him gone. If Yao stayed healthy or if Tracy coulda played... And with the addition of artest... maybe it could have been as big as tomorrow's game. This also in a sense is a shot for Houston to repeat history being down 3-1 (and doing it at home this time instead of away)! Essentially this is the reboot of CLUTCH CITY!!!

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

We had a 0% chance to win that game.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The 2009 team is one of my favorite Rockets team, even more than the current one (for now). That they kept it competitive up until the last game is real testament to the heart and the smarts that that team had. Remember that series the Rockets blew out the Lakers in Game 6.

I'm not going to just say that the Lakers underperformed so much as the Rockets really really overperformed. Even with that it just seemed like a matter of time until the talent gap caught up. Whether with LA, Denver or some other team.

This team is more about expectations and in games 1, 3, 4, and 3/4 of game 6 they didn't look like at all like the #2 seed and a possible championship contender. Game 6 isn't so much a surprise that the Rockets had the talent but that they Rockets had heart. That is what makes this game so critical is if they can sustain that effort and out will a very tough opponent than just overwhelm them with talent like we did in the first series.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Have to agree. Game 7 against the Lakers in LA? With Aaron Brooks as (arguably) the best player? No way that was happening. Fun team though. I'll always remember that season.

6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

This.

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Game 7 van Gundy's rockets vs. Sloan in our house we lost. Yao vs. Okur it was a tough match up.

8. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

That game we played without Yao, Tmac and Mutombo.
    Scola, Hayes, Brooks, Landry, Artest and Battier played a monster series ; but it was too much

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Without yao and tmac i meant