1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Miami even an option for us????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Who is the 3rd team??

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

its also about pivoting if the trade for either scenario is a dud. U can recoup assrts trading Simmons, but if herro is truly a dud? U r kinda bone.

But I agree risk in both trade, just depends on who u are and preferences.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe a package of tyler hero and one other player might entice new orleans to give us ingram. I just don't know how Zion and Ingram will co exist.

4. hakeemthagreat

The Sixers don't play like we play. What exactly are you gonna do with Simmons in a half court offense? When the game slows down you're basically playing 4 on 5 because the guy is a huge liability, especially in the postseason. Never mind he can't shoot free throws, so teams can also force him to shoot ft's. So you liked the hack-a-Howard days?

5. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Yea, I really like Herro's shooting ability, his big heart, and his decent decision making at 20 years of age.

But his physicality is a huge limit to his game. The 6’3 wingspan sucks. The fact that he already missed 15 games in his rookie season doesn't make me feel good either. He is a poor defender as well.

I think he can be a borderline all star, and average over 20 (or even 25) ppg in some seasons as the No. 1 guy. But any team with him as the best player won't make the playoffs, let alone contending.

Y2JT likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

What #1 option is Ben Simmons in Philly?

7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Wait I thought there are ~40m in the package of assets not naming Herro? Rockets get instant cap space projections going forward and that’s not worth zero. And they can do other stuff with those ~40m. What if Herro works? How do you value that extra 40m in the book? Shouldn’t that be in the cocktail of scenarios we value the trade?

If Simmons does not work and you are to trade him, are you getting fair value back?

How do the Rockets / fans value cap space going forward? (I don’t value it highly, but it’s a question you need to ask the FO)

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ben Simmons when he comes also won't b number one but he has elite passing and defense. Something that we know for sure, problem is man can't shoot.

Herro is such a mixed bag of variables. Was his first season a fluke? Can he shot create? Does he need another player to draw attention so he can play spot up shooter?

Just saying some of us love high potential players vs some of us who want to know what we are getting.

Trading away the best player our franchise have in decades for a dud is unacceptable.

ashleyem likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

A lot of posters are delusional thinking if herro is a dud, they could package him with a bunch of other assets and land a young star.

Simmons on the other hand, a team will take a gamble on plus the assets we got.

I honestly think Simmons with all his fault is easier to pivot from than herro being a complete dud (but that's just me).

Y2JT likes this.
  10. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Did some quick search, and I think Harden ranks no.1 in this projection. No one other than Luka even comes close.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Knicks just waived MKG.

Maybe they are the third team?

#91 treyk3, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. BigBum

BigBum Member

True or false?

50 wins with Harden

30 wins with Simmons

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

racist much?

Why not?, Y2JT and JD88 like this.
  14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Unpopular opinion but MKG sucks.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What's herro projection my dude?

16. TimDuncanDonaut

This. It's not a matter of Herro being equal to Simmons (or slightly worse) depending on your view. The contract is just better.

2020-21 - $3,822,240
    2021-22 - $4,004,280
    2022-23 - $5,722,116
    2023-24 - $7,913,687
    2024-25 - RFA

Is Simmons 6 times better or more valuable than Herro?

In the MIA deal it's possible that Kelly Olynyk or Iguodala come in to make the salary work. Depending on what Rockets Org wants to do, they can come off the books the following year. Then it's possible to later sign star down the road with the cap space with Wall and Herro.

#96 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 19, 2020
    Why not? and raining threes like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

in a 72 game season?

48 with Harden 3-5 seed.

38 with Simmons. 7-10 seed. Play in team.

18. anchel

anchel Member

BTW, Herro has been playing as point guard this preseason, and hearing Spo he wants to keep using him there at least partially.

Why not? and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Sign a star? Nah, man. This is Houston. We’re going to have to trade for stars.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

Or go full tanking mode, and maybe luck into a #1 pick for a Hakeem or Yao. (doubt it though)

I like Wall, but a Wall/Simmons team in the west isn't going to make any rumblings. For a non contending team, that's lot of payroll tied up. No point for an overpaid Simmons if we aren't going to be a serious playoffs team.

Rockets need more cap space to play with. Gerald Green in danger of getting cut because of Clemon's injury, even though Clemons isn't make lot of money. The haggling with PJ's extension.

We can all wish a for a new owner who isn't cheap, but owner changes happen once in a blue moon. More practically speaking if Hardens leaves, we're going to be in rebuild mode.

#100 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 19, 2020