1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Miami even an option for us????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol in 5 years harden will a still be superior according to this projections Herro.

Posters weird ass fascination for herro based on a playoff where he played in a fking bubble, basically a shoot around.

We trading a generational talent for a dude who some can't even confidently say be the first option much less star.

We should wait and see, sophomore slump is a thing, plus harden value/price will go up. Dont fall for hype.

HP3 likes this.
  3. anchel

anchel Member

Simmons would be OK, great player. But we may have to accept that we are not getting a go-to-guy for our go-to-guy. Frankly, I can't see a team winning a cahmpionship with Simmons as their offensive go-to guy in the playoffs. I think you can sbolutely win with him on your team because he is a very good basketball player, potential DPoF, but 1st offensive guy with those severe shooting issues even with 2 pointers?

I would be happy if we get him though because I think you can absolutely build a great team with him. I was just defending the Miami case as I see a possible trade there that would be attractive to me. I think people is underrating Herro's potential.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Miami whilst I think are genuinely interested in Harden, are only on Rockets radar for 2 reasons.
    1. To create a bidding war and
    2. If a 3rd team is involved where Rockets get a young star.

5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Again Duncan = the BEST shooter ever not named Stephen Curry, and Duncan = 2 FRPs

Why not?, hakeem94 and Ming The King like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

HP3 likes this.
  7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I see. I remember James Edward Harden was the absolute #1 option in OKC

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Why not? likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol u are acting harden was a bum that came out of no where. Man was 3rd overall pick who play off the bench not cause he didn't have it but cause there wasn't enough ball to go around.

Plus harden didn't get traded cause he was meh and had potential. The owner was too fking cheap

U comparing harden to herro is just pathetic. Learn the scenario of the trade b4 doing that.

1) is a player who can shot create and lead the bench

To me herro is a microwave type of shooter. Who needs someone to give him space.

FatSeagal and HP3 like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't care.

I'm not worried about salary. Tyler is projected an all star. Simmons is an allstar.

No superstar is coming to play with Tyler Herro in the next five years.

Duncan Robinson is going to get $100M next offseason. Everyone has cap space. So, enjoy paying Ryan Anderson 2.0 for the next six instead of Simmons for the next five.

James.B.H and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Name one other player, with multi year Rookie contract on the book, that has a similar projection?

The point of trading with Miami is out of a different utility function. While Simmons is a monster and far superior player now, he does get paid $30m and is an incredibly flawed player. Simmons gets you a far higher starting ground in the rebuild process, but far less optionality going forward to be honest.

Don’t get me wrong. I still think Simmons is the better choice. But dismissing the Miami option outright is not sensible. Some of us have different utility functions and that’s perfectly fine.

12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Tyler Herro by the numbers:

PIPM: -3.04

RPM: -2.10

BPM: -2.3

RAPTOR: -2.4

Miami Heat when Herro was on the floor: -1.9 point net rating.

He made them a LOTTERY team when he played.

The guy stinks, right now. He’s not a good NBA player, right now. All Heat lineups involving him tanked tremendously.

His tools and skill set makes Chandler Parsons look like LeBron.

Remember the raw athleticism of Parsons? How he locked down KD and Kobe his rookie year and Kobe said he has a bright future?

Chandler was 6’9” with a SG’s skill set.

But even his lack of strength hurt him on both ends. Despite actually being long and athletic.

Herro is the size of a PG in reality, and still not strong. He doesn’t have Curry level shooting to make up for this. He doesn’t have any generational talents to make up for this.

He’s just a quick white chucker in a popular NBA market that happened to make the finals.

Herro will be a middle class DBook at best.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The problem with this herro trade is he's the main center piece and if he's a dud. U are boned, imagine trading away one of the greatest shooter for whatever herro is gonna become.

I honestly think u should at least do due diligence and wait we can Get a lot better than herro.

FatSeagal and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I've opened up to

Herro, Robinson, KZ, Precious, Iggy, Olynyk and 2 FRP for Harden and Clemons (let them eat his salary).

I think that's an acceptable deal.

Need to re-route Iggy and Olynyk see who is offering what. Maybe that gets you an Aaron Gordon type or Otto Porter.

I'm hoping Morey also sees that as a deal the Rockets would take so he stops ****ing around and gives it all up.

Why not? and yixiixiy like this.
  15. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

16. hakeemthagreat

Just bc someone is a allstar don't mean they're a good fit. Having a non shooter in a 5 and out offense will completely destroy spacing. Its a waste of everybody's time even discussing Simmons. We've seen the blueprint in how easily teams disrupt our offense with doubling off the non shooter on the floor

17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Trash players and picks. That’s not acceptable. Old-ass Iggy is the best player there. Robinson is in his peak.

And the complete trash picks because Miami will be a bottom 5 draft pick with that roster.

They should demand Bam just like they demand Simmons.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

So much for ready to be uncomfortable. Feel bad for the new guys, esp coach silas.
    James really getting a bad rep, wc is unfortunate because its taking away from his generational halloffame career.

Houston will keep getting scrub offers because they have leverage against james but no leverage to negotiate with anyone.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Honestly any first round picks given to us will be shttier. Might as well make it first round future swaps and picks itself.

No way in hell any team that Harden joins will do poorly for quite some time.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

The big plus for Herro is the rookie deal he's on which gives us flexibility. The rumored package from Miami is solid but insufficient. Therefore the purpose of adding a 3rd team should be to find another young guy on or around Herro's level. Perhaps one that's due for a big deal and their current team may not want to give it. OG? Bol Bol? Bagley?