1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Miami even an option for us????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 19, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I've been reading up on the latest trade rumors surrounding James Harden and seems like recently Miami has popped up as the frontrunner for Harden depending on who you believe and read. Based on the trade rumors I've read it's basically the core of Kendrick Nunn, Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro that are being involved going to Houston. I liked Robinson and Herro game in the bubble but none of these players scream potential superstar or even all-star caliber.

Tyler Herro reminds me of a Kevin Martin type but smaller. He's listed at 6'5 his pros are that he's young and a good shooter from three but even going back to college he only averaged 14 ppg. Dude doesn't have the potential like a Ben Simmons. Same goes for Duncan Robinson he doesn't have that IT factor to me in regards to becoming a possible superstar. Reminds me of a poor mans Klay if you will.

Trading James Harden for a bunch of role players is gonna set us back big time. This feels like worst than Kawhi for Derozan trade IMO.

I don't think either Pelicans or OKC would have traded AD or PG to the Heat for Nunn, Robinson, Herro, Iggy and picks and they were on 1 year deals compared to Harden 2 years remaining and both are objectively worst players than Harden as well.

Doesn't make sense as to why they are even an option unless this trade is made for the sole purpose of appeasing Harden request to go specifically to Miami.

Patience, Bo6, BamBam and 34 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

because brabra

Xerobull, juanm34 and WiltTheStilt13 like this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like Miami players. I hope they stay right where they are. Unless it's Bam or Jimmy.

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Yeah I’m cool on the Heats package. Would much rather trade with Denver.

juanm34 and Ben Frank like this.
  5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Because Riley and they are one of the few teams that are in a position that trading away their future to add a star could win them a ring.

If Philly traded Simmons for Harden James and Embiid may not be enough. Same with Toronto.

Highlyrated likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

Why is Miami a option? Because their players aren't afraid to take a jumpshot

7. Le$$

Le$$ Member

James Harden "Only" fans coming out cant hold on anymore. I bet reeko logs off for good when harden is traded.

Highlyrated and raining threes like this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

14ppg as a freshman at a top tier program, to 13ppg in the NBA reg season, to 16ppg in the NBA playoffs is a clear, rapid upward trajectory.

Robinson really is a Klay-light, which is pretty damn good.

Precious is showing a ton of promise as a rookie, albeit early.

Olynyk and Iggy are valuable, expiring vets that could be parlayed to 3rd/4th teams for picks/assets. You could probably pull the 2025/27 FRPs from Miami as well.

You're getting a really solid set of young players and picks, with maximum salary flexibility. I think it could be a nice package, but, of course, nothing will equate to Harden's value.

Why not?, Y2JT, malakas and 11 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re obsessed with me

u already said on here that you’re more of a Mavs fan than Rockets fan, so stfu...u shouldn’t even be allowed to mention my name on here fake fan scrub

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I want what's best for the Rockets and that's not trading the best offensive player of our generation for a pupu platter of role players and crappy picks.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Devin Booker didn’t even start in college and averaged 10 points, then he averaged 14, 3, and 3 as a rookie

y’all are so obsessed with rookie year ppg on a veteran Miami Heat team that made the finals, and now we’re bringing up his college stats for his 1 year at Kentucky...

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Oh comon take that baloney out the Microwave already!

14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

ROCKET'S FAN NEED TO WAKE UP AND STOP FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE MIAMI DEAL. THIS IS CRAZY....HERRO IS KEVIN MARTIN....EXACTLY

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

u said it on here multiple times...imagine a Mavs fan trying to mention me

fck off fake fan

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

If the trade is Herro, Robinson, Nunn, Precious, and they take off the 2023 OKC pick protections and give us unprotected 2025, 2027 picks and unprotected swaps in 2024 and 2026 that would be a pretty solid haul under the circumstances.

It sucks not getting someone that seems to have all-NBA potential but the only players that seem possibly available fitting that criteria are Simmons, MPJ (though his downside is massive), and maybe Siakam.

That would make our team a fun playoff contender this year if Wall and Boogie stay healthy and if Herro and Wood hit on their upside we'd need to somehow find one young all star-ish caliber player to not have an ugly rebuild when OKC has our picks starting in 2024 (assuming Wood is around after his 3 year deal). Plus we get some future lottery tickets with Miami picks when Butler and Harden are on the downside.

I'm not enamored with it (or really any deal for our perennial MVP candidate), but if that deal became an option we'd have to seriously consider it if we can't get a good deal featuring Simmons or Siakam.

#16 ChillyPete32, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Bo6, Y2JT, Highlyrated and 2 others like this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I say no to trading for white guys

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

The Miami Deal is the best on the Table. Herro,Nunn,Duncan, is probably the players they want out of the deal, that and include all the picks. Trading salary for picks? Knicks should be in this trade you think...

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You did a racism

20. Sanity2disChaos

Lol. On how some of you try to sell that mess of a package for Harden!!!

Anthony Davis is laughing also.

you wait for what you want.

y’all eating that Herro sammich with extra Mayo isn’t appealing.

smp, Plowman and BigShasta like this.