1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Jeremy Lin so inconsistent?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Ummm... The ball.

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Mostly accurate descriptions of Lin's situation.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Right on.

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Great point.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Wow. Harden is probably the only super star in the league that has fans b****ing that the PG does not get enough touches. And Harden is no Kobe. He has one of the highest PPP in the league.

6. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Didn't he drop 29 that night. Mentally weak~
    He'd be better if Mc wasn't trying to **** block his game. Mc cuts him last year and now is forced to play him beacuse of the owner who still wants his Chinese $. As other posters have posted he has one of the lower usage rates among starting pgs in the league. I knew the irregular sub paterns before the trade dedline was so DM could show case assets. Thats why Adelman didn't want to be a part of the last 2 years 'rebuilding." Now the team is trying to make a playoff push and he sits on the bench longer than needed and gets sub in when the lead evaporates and has to play from behind and opposed to playing with a lead that he help build. Lin is improving every month. He does what a pg is suppose to do, set up his sg & sf before he looks for his own shot and still ends up in Mc's dog house. Regardless the situation needs to improve because if we do hang on for the 8 seed we are not going to use a 11 man rotation in the playoffs. So why the irregular usage. The last couple of losses should have been wins. The team depending on the time of the week is in the top offenses in the league. So from that stand point something is working outthere to a degree.
    Do you think our coaching staff is getting the most out of Lin? Or with a better X's and O's coach like RA could Lin be better and the teams wins record?

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

No offense, but why don't you actually take a glance at a player's most obvious stats before writing anything about them?

Do you even watch any Rockets games?

Lin attempts 10.7 FG a game and makes 43.3% of them. That FG% is comparable to those of Mike Conley, Greivis Vasquez, and Goran Dragic. That's probably the tier that Jeremy Lin is in, or will be very soon with a little more experience.

8. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

You're right, but I think the correct count is actually two balls.

9. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Lin is not inconsistent.....it's McFail that is inconsistent with the position. Lin is a consistent 12+ points and 6+ assists per game on this system. You let him run the team and his consistency will jump.

10. munco

munco Member

His role on the team makes him inconsistent.
    He might figure it out.
    He might not.
    He has the potential to be a great player, but I'm not sure if he'll do it in his current role.

11. Little General

Whenever Lin gets hot he gets benched or so it looks like. just like tonight, 1st quarter he played well but got benched for a long long time. 4 last minutes of first quarter and first 6 minutes in second quarter... thats the way to kill your pace...

12. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

Can't be consistent or get better when you are the starting point guard and you get 26 min out of 48. Tell me how can you improve? If Lin played close to his regular starter mins like 36 out of 48 the game wouldn't even had been that close at the end. The team probably would have put up 130 tonight.

13. jeddah

jeddah Member

Blame it on the system.....Lin has been consistent in his FGA..some nights it's not falling some nights it will...don't expect some superstar numbers from him because in their current system he won't be...and may I point out the things which I believe Lin has been consistent to...

1. Defense
    2. FGA
    3. Assist
    4. deferring to Harden
    5. deferring to his other team mates
    6. not scoring

There you have it...his consistency....would someone make a thread of the above mentioned..NOPE..because people will only keeps on bringing up his SCORING...

NBA is not only about Offense..you've got other areas of the games that has to be taken care of...if all the players will only concentrate on their score, who would do the rest? their bench? can they play 6 or 7 persons in there?

14. Raven

Raven Member

Minny doesn't have Harden.

15. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Wait you're telling me that Adelman would want Harden to handle the ball instead of Rubio?

Y'all act like Harden's won something in this league as the primary ball handler... NEWSFLASH: At the end of games the ball was still in Russel Westbrook's hands and then it went to Durant... Harden was a glue guy there. They replace him with Martin and they're still winning at the same rate. The dude is a shooting guard who can handle the ball and pass a little... but I've seen countless times this year where his good finishes in the 4th quarter are because HE HIMSELF trying to be John Stockton dug a hole he had to climb out of by taking bad shots and turning the ball over.

16. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Actually Lin is probably the most consistent player on the Rox %stats wise. It's his usage and substitutions that's been wildly inconsistent which turns his nightly overall stat to be very inconsistent.

I mean I don't understand why he get subbed out when he's hot. I mean I get that you put him on the bench when other players are hot, but he gets benched even when he's super hot. His usage on a nightly basis goes from being the 2nd option to being the 5th option. Also his position goes from PG to SG to corner SF from a night to night basis.

But no matter what happens to his game, he still consistently put out the same ratio from game to game which is really the definition of consistent.

1 person likes this.
  17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That is actually not true at all.

At the end of the game Harden was often their primary playmaker because his PnR was so lethal. You will notice that's almost the first thing commentators talk about when discussing Harden's transition from 3rd man to 1st, and his legitimacy as a 1st option.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

memo to you, by bashing Harden to propup lin wont get you anywhere.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What do people expect from a guy who want drafted?