1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is it Always Against Us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGYPT, Sep 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

When a player highlight is shown on Tv it is always while he is scoring against the ROX. Sometimes it is about him being traded or losing a father or being caught with drugs, why don't they just show his picture?

I know we sometimes make a no name player a hot comodity when he plays against us but I really hate that. What do you guys think?

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

i think yr losing it d00d

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Paranoia is a symptom of a mental disorder.

4. AkeemTheDreem86

I feel this way all the time, but I'll bet every team's fans do. Also, anytime someone dunks over Yao (often), its gonna be a highlight if he had a chance to block it or not. I wonder, what instigated this EGYPT?

5. First Lady

First Lady Member

That's because we have the best defense in the universe and not that many teams can boast a posterization or ownage against our team. So when that happens once in a blue moon, people will repeat it over and over again.

6. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I have always seen that but I was watching a video of Kobe today on ESPN discussing how he is getting the support of Phil Jackson now, and here it is they are showing highlits of kobe tearing down the red shirt (ROX) last year.

7. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

it is not paranoia, it is being protective of my team and worried about its image ;)

8. windfern

windfern Member

Becuase it's hard to score against a Rockets DEfense. ;)

9. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

you have to admit, that was a hell of a clutch shot!

doesn't matter, the rockets still won that game. :D

10. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

So what they showed Kobe tearing down Kirk Snyder. Like he can contain Kobe..yeah righhttt.

11. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

this is just one example, but they do this for every scrub in the game. During his highlits it is him scoring against the ROX

12. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

yeah ok man, I think you are crazy.

13. slpntz

slpntz Member

This happens will all Houston teams....even the DisAstros and the Texans.

14. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

yep I am a crazy ROX fan, you are right about that.

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Hmmmmm...

I remember on old NFL Films highlight reels that the only time I saw the Oilers was on blooper plays or as the team getting burned on defense...

But that could have just been my blind fan-hood at the time.

Not sure... but I have noticed something similar to it before where a Houston team is concerned.

I've not noticed it as much in recent years, but then I've also matured somewhat... somewhat. ;)

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"Denial" is not a river in you.

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

your right...there always footage of the rox on the receiving end!!!!!

18. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

OMG i noticed that too..not just the rox...even with the texans! omg lol thats crazy i thought i was the only one that thought that way ahaha

19. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

This is not the only thing. Even in the ref scandal, the pictures that they showed had Donughy (to lazy to check correct spelling) w/ either T-Mac or Jim Jackson in a Rockets uniform or the video of J-Ho clutching the ball. My friend kept teasing about how the Rockets couldn't win it all last year even with the help of crooked ref b/c she though the ref was helping Houston. I remember last year every time ESPN had a story on Phoenix, they would show the same footage of Nash embarrassing Rafer. Same with Kobe clips, its always him breaking Snyder down. ESPN really hates the Rockets I guess.

20. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

It's either that or Rockets Red makes a great backdrop and contrast in colors with the opposing team. Lakers Purple splashed against Rockets Red. Works for me.