1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Dwight Howard considered 'soft'?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HakeemOnlyFan, Nov 17, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nobody likes Dwight. Folks on here didn't like Dwight and said the very same thing these stars are saying...until he joined the hometown team. (Just like KD...folks hate him now, will love him if he joins.)

Clown(Garnett), Soft(Kobe), p***y(Durant)...from other NBA STARS! Ouch.

Not very endearing to former teammates.

No wonder he wanted nothing to do with Houston.

#41 J.R., Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Mentally, a little bit but he was far more physically dominant than Howard so it was more difficult to expose.

3. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Probably because he's a big guy and a dominant player who seems to be happy and somehow that's weird to people. Duncan is composed, Kobe is selfish, KG is an all out ****, Rose is "from the hood", blah blah, you can find players all over the league who are either big or dominant and they are all characterized by these traits who would fit a mysterious brooding character in some dark fantasy novel.

Then you have Dwight who has the audacity to come across as ...a pleasant person. Can't have that, can we?
    It doesn't help that every time he breathes on someone he gets whistled. The man can't catch a break.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How is it that you are always wrong then? Are you trolling? Yao dunked over Benand theo as a rookie. Caught it outside of the paint and dunked all over him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BwlwdHktFuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Again, Yao as a rookie.

Did you look at the dates of the youtube uploads and think that is when the events happned? You are aware the world existed before youtube right?

Seriously STFU.

#44 Bandwagoner, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  5. awc713

awc713 Member

people view him as "soft" because they expect a guy of dwight's size to absorb hits that are fouls on smaller players, and not complain. they don't think he should complain about "petty" fouls.

I'm 100% agree with dwight. a foul is a foul, no matter how big you are. I'd agree with that sentiment even if i weren't a rockets/dwight fan.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

on the flip side, the refs let guys like Adams wrestle with him the entire game. Basically it's easy to guard Dwight, just bully him and if he tries to retaliate flop. It works.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL look at this internet tough guy... so I forgot when those dunks too place and went by the earliest posting dates I could find. So he had a couple of dunks in his rookie year, whoopdee freaking doo... That still doesn't change that he played like a p***y when it first came into the league. It was well known that he didn't develop a mean streak. He himself said so as well.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Prime example: Tim Duncan. When he came into the league, there were all kinds of questions because he wasn't "fiery" or vocal or emotional enough. "
    Then he won a ring in his second season, and you never heard about it again.

There is a certain way you have to act as a NBA star player. You are only allowed to stray from the norm if you win chips.

9. Bandwagoner

Any actual rockets fan would take one look at the jersey and know what year it was. Just admit you didn't watch any of those games and know nothing about that era.

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

This. Shaq was allowed to bowl over people. Half the time Dwight tries to make a strong move in the paint, the defender falls down and gets the benefit of the whistle. It's the NBA that's soft, not Dwight.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Umm I remember when Hakeem, Drexler, and Barkley wore that jersey... I also remembered Barkely basically calling it a clown costume before he was traded to us. I remember for instance, when Yao did that behind the head pass to Moochie (I think it was in those ugly ass jerseys) on a baseline play where he dropped it behind his head. Can't remember if that was his rookie year. I watched the Rockets played starting from the late 80's so forgive me if I forget which year Yao wore it. Seriously, who needs to STFU now?

12. Bandwagoner

You thought it was 2006/2007. so seriously dude.

[​IMG]

13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I went by the date posted. Already said I didn't remember when that was. I still don't remember when we got rid of those and went to the ones with the big R nor do I care to remember. Again, what's your point? That my memory of jersey's suck or that Yao wasn't soft (he DEFINITELY WAS in his rookie year)? If it's the former, yeah you are right, my memory was off. If it's the latter, then you are dead wrong IMO. Either way, putting you on my ignore list. You are clearly trying to provoke me and honestly, you simply aren't worth my time of day.

14. Ghost_of_Akeem

Shaq is the main reason why. Shaq has done nothing but rip on Howard for being soft ever since Howard came into the league.

In the early stages of Dwight's career most critics didn't pay it much mind, but the longer Howard goes without winning anything the more folks will continue to jump on that bandwagon.

This happens with all players in all sports, it was the same way with Lebron until he finally won in Miami.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

just respond with #stay and say nothing else

16. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Hahaha yeah. I was sending him pictures of the billboards. Convenient how he forgets how bummed out he was when Howard decided not to sign with the Lakers.

17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

he's soft because hes not completely demolishing teams like how he used to do in his orlando days when he took a team to the championship. Dwight was Shaq caliber then.

He was literally unstoppable. I wouldn't call him soft now, but he's not as good as he was back then.

18. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

You mean like Ray Lewis?

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Because Kobe said so.

Kobe has a killer instinct and an "all business" type personality which Howard does not have, at all.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think you people got your answer tonight. The whole team is soft.