1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Dorsey still getting minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Dec 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Im a little surprised by the posts after Dorsey had an excellent game. It seems like he cant get credit with you guys for anything good he does.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dwight Howard is a lesser Dorsey. LOL.

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

right now he is. His body language is crap. He won't run the pick and roll unless it's with 2 minutes to go in the game. demands post ups where he slows down the offense and ultimately turns it over. A large part of what leads to the sticky ball syndrome.

conversely, Dorsey is playing great team d. rebounding everything in sight and running the break without ever demanding a play called.

unlike others, I'm not surprised Dorsey stayed and black was cut. As Dorsey came back from his injury plagued early season, he was outplaying Black anyway and doing it at the center position. Personally, I really like him at the price and production.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

What does Dorsey do on offense? DMo is a two-way player.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dorsey does nothing on offense but people leave him A LOT to take the driving player and he get some dunks as a result of opponents thinking/knowing he is a zero on offense.

Dorsey with DMo was amazing last night. you give Dmo all Dorsey's minutes and you go small with Papa, or Ariza at 4 you don't get those blocks, rebounds and steals in the post and Rockets don't go on a run. Personally, I think Dmo is better with another big out there. In the Memphis game he struggled to get rebounds in space when Dwight and Dorsey weren't there with him.

I really hate to be Dorsey's cheerleader, but it seems like he gets a lot of hate. I've seen games where he has saved the Rockets from Dwight's out of character play. It really amazes me fans can't see what he brings to the team in the small amount of minutes he gets.

There were two threads that were bumped after he had his best games of the season saying he should have been cut instead of Black. Fans seem to hang on to those couple bad plays and completely forget how he locked down the paint and brought energy to a game that had none.

tl;dr - Dorsey shoulders are really big... like really big.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has looked pretty damn good to me. Not sure what all the complaining is about.