1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why is Clint Capela so underrated

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, May 23, 2017.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I agree with almost everything here, and it sounds like we have/had nearly identical feelings about the whole Dwight debacle (incidentally I was honestly praying the Rockets would pursue Chris Paul the summer we signed Dwight).

But I would rephrase your 2nd point a bit. Clint is a less athletic version of Dwight who, critically, understood his role and his limitations. Dwight thought he was Hakeem. Clint knew he wasn't and never would be. He was happy being a garbage man, and put up huge numbers doing so. Granted, I understand why a player like Dwight gets a big head, and the same thing would prob happen to my egotistical ass, but that doesn't make it any less damaging to his teams.

... Like you said, if Dwight were willing to stick to his strengths and play properly with Harden, he might have looked like an all-world center out there, and I might not have anything to complain about.

Easy likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I liked it. It definitely could have been better if Howard committed more to the one. Even more you think he would appreciate those easy buckets.

I've mentioned this several times over the years. Morey did an interview in Harden's first season. He said the pnr is the best NBA play and Paul was number 1 and Harden was the second best pnr player.

Lastly the Rockets maximizeed their potential in 2015

Howard has a reputation of not caring but then he complains about Harden dominating the ball. Unreal

Easy likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe I should say Dwight is Capela on 'roid. :D

SuperMarioBro likes this.