1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Bill Worrell so misinformed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryFields, Oct 16, 2013.

1. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Bill Worrell is a legend and a staple of many Rockets fans' lives, including my own. Much like Milo, Bill Brown, Gene and Jim, etc.

I never get tired of intros with Bill either. I make sure to tune in just to hear them. "Live from Toyota Center in downtown Houston, (x-sports channel) presents Houston Rockets basketball. Tonight, the Rockets taking on (x team)".............pause........"Hi everybody, I'm Bill Worrell.........."

You a-holes don't realize how good you have it. Our teams may not be the best but our announcers are as good as it gets.

2 people like this.
  2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That night when Bill and Calvin were commentating together again with all the legends there was great. Classic Rockets commentary. Dang I wish they would let Calving commetate again and they can put Clyde on that halftime show stuff.

3. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

I could've sworn he came back from a commercial break right before tipoff, said: "New Orleans Hornets"

4. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

5. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, bill is one of the best in the business and he's a legend.

6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Why bring up Bill Worrell when Clyde sounded the worst he's ever sounded on air. I feel like he hit his head a few times before broadcasting.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Bill plays down to Clyde's level. He's fine when he's with Bull, and when he got to work with Murph it was awesome.

I don't understand why some people get so bent out of shape with the number one pick stuff. I know what he means, and frankly I don't care what people in New York or Chicago think.

8. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

9. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Still better than Hubie Brown

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Worrell is aces; Clyde, Frazier that is, was one of my all-time fav players. He's worked a lot harder at his craft than Clyde, The Gliding thru telecasts, has. But, still - - Walt Frazier is not NY broadcast worthy.

Bill Worrell needs to stay with Rockets telecasts when he is older than the legendary Vin Scully.

11. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Gonna be a sad sad day when Bill hangs it up. Legend in my book.

12. markelliott1997

This. However, our commentary team is a lot worse than many other commentary teams.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I may be in the minority but I'd rather my hometown commentators be biased and emotionally invested in my teams success instead of being correct all the time.

The limit of course is drexler; dude pushes it.

14. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Bill is awesome! Don't know what you guys dislike him...

I live in Portland so I have to deal with Mike Rice...

Y'all have it good haha!

15. CertifiedTroll

Keith Jones should be our announcer.

16. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I love Bill. He's funny, though. Yea, he says things now and then that leave you scratching your head, like calling an elbow shot a three pointer.

You can say he's a homer, but I don't know of any other announcer that rags on his own team the way Bill does. It's not excessive, mind you; it just sounds like an old woman criticizing the way her daughter-in-law raises her children.

I would hate to see him retire. If you watch a lot of other teams, you probably appreciate Bill more. Half the league has announcers that sound just like they are 2nd tier hacks calling a baseball game. We got it good.

Damn, I miss Gene Peterson on the radio...

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Bill is washed up in terms of analysis. Still love him though.

I am kind of ready for a change... 'OOOOHHHHHHHHH' and 'COLD BLOODED SHOTTTTT' after any big shot is exhausting.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, Bill is really the play by play man, not the analyst. Bull and Clyde are supposed to do the analysis.

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's consistent. He calls the 20th pick in the draft the number one draft pick. Get over it guy that's named after Jeremy Lin's best friend on the Knicks. Stop being butt hurt because Lin sucked as a Rocket. He's still in the league, go to a site that likes the way he plays.