1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Barry Still Here??????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TXRoxBBall, Apr 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Barry has had a rough year shooting the ball, I get that. But he is the best passer on this team, makes decent decisions with the ball in his hands, and HAS BEEN HERE BEFORE. They are missing too many opportunities to get the ball into Yao because they are scared to make the pass. Yao is the best passer on the floor for us most of the game and that's ridiculous.

Last night showed we need some vet leadership to slow things down when the game starts getting sloppy. I know he's a defensive liability, but no worse than Brooks, Wafer, or even Ron during this series.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yes, they said going into this that they wanted to speed the game up and throw us off by controlling the pace.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Blazers are a bad matchup for him, defensively. He'd get torched by Roy, Fernandez, or Outlaw. Two of those three are almost always on the court when its not the beginning of a half.

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I don't know this maybe a dumb answer but isn't it to retire a rocket like his father and brother. IDK I could be wrong :rolleyes: :D :D

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What does that sequence of emoticons signify? I can't figure it out.

6. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I have no idea was being 2 fast. I don't have the edit feature yet to take it off

7. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

We will see him play with fisher in next round... :D

8. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Anybody remember the layup he missed against the suns the last time, on the break away? They came back and go us..... :rolleyes:

He's still a good guy

9. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

the bench always shortens during the playoffs. he's here for insurance, at this point, in case of injury.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

if you think that Barry can defend a PG in this league anymore, you need to put the crack pipe down

11. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Well said, I think he could play against the Lakers though. But since their biggest scrubs Luke Walton and Jordan Farmar are now out of their rotation, Maybe not.

He's useful for his veteran leadership and experience, He's really just there to shoot 3's. Nothing more.

12. flashsky

flashsky Member

I wonder i ,too.

When Brooks didnt work well and Lowry had foul trouble,

Why didnt RA put Barry on the court??

He has more POs expriences.

13. Eddie Johnson

Eddie Johnson Member

I've always thought Barry should be on the floor against fronting defenses. He makes quick decisions, can shoot and can feed the post effectively.

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Me thinks getting him was a good idea - would of been a great idea
    2-3 years ago...

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Barry was a mistake and I said so when he was signed. There shouldn't be teams a guy can't play against. How many guys on the blazers,la, or denver where u say its a bad matchup for a players? That's what I thought. The rox have 2 guys (hayes and Barrry) who are situational guys that needs special circumstances to play.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Barry has no business out on the floor getting any of Wafer's minutes. If he had played decently late in the season, maybe. But his horrid shooting and TOs disqualify him from anything but scrub minutes IMO. He would be no improvement over AB or Lowry.

aussie rocket, you hit the nail on the head.

Personally, I think Brent Barry should retire. The way he finished the regular season may indicate he's done. Stick a fork in him.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

For brent barry money, they couldve had anderson and magloire or matt barnes who will actually defend his position.

18. blender

blender Member

Late in the season, when Landry was out, Adelman experimented with getting Barry some minutes with Lowry and Wafer, kind of like how he sometimes plays Battier with those two young players. But the difference is that Battier can compensate for Wafer's defensive lapses, and allow Wafer to do what he does best - score. However, the Barry/Wafer combination proved to be too much of a defensive disaster to be viable, despite the Lowry/Barry backcourt having potential IMO.

The other option would be to play Barry at SG with Artest or Battier at the small forward spot. But Wafer is already filling that role. So unless Wafer starts slumping, there's just no minutes or role for Brent.

19. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

You are right. his expriences are important for us.

20. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

Barry's presense on court can efficaciously loosen the pressure on Yao in paint.