1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Andersen still in the rotation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jzmagic, Jan 6, 2010.

1. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

This guys a bonafide scrub and he's wasting minutes that could be given to Landry/Scola/Hayes and even Mike Harris. Imo, most of his minutes should be given to Landry because he's the most productive and efficient out of everyone we have. Please glue his ass to the bench, he can't defend, score, or pass, a very poormans Steve Novak without the 3 point shot.

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

4 stars for creativity. Finally it's not an Ariza bashing thread. ;)

Seriously, DA is a serviceable backup for the team. He has already exceeded my expectation before the season began.

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Rick put David Anderson in so he can spread the floor. He is a decent back up player and I rather have him in there than Mike Harris. Mike Harris is very undersized at the four position and does not have a shot. Though he is strong, athletic and a good hustle player, David Anderson is more productive than he is.

David Anderson is a finesse player kind of like Yao. Yao is just much bigger and taller. But David has a sweet jumpshot and base on match ups, Rick would throw him in.

Rick is the coach and he knows what is best for the team. Whoever he puts in the rotation is because he knows that they can help the team win. He know that David can help the team better than Mike Harris can. You haven't seen Mike Harris played all season long, so why would you rather have him take the minutes away from a guy that you know what to expect. David Anderson accomplish more in his first NBA season than Mike Harris did his entire career.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

chuckles to self

5. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Mike Harris? are you kidding me? i don't know if we're thinking about the same guy?
    David Anderson is not athletic, his jumpshot is inconsistant, but he's the best back up C we have "atm".

End Thread.

6. VBG

VBG Member

David Andersen was one of the biggest reasons we beat the Lakers last time.

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Wow people should restrained themselves form creating threads right after Losses......... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I put the wrong face up there^ it was supposed to be > ":mad:"

9. OvenproofBadger

Thread fail - name spelt wrong, again...

10. jvu

jvu Member

Well now David Andersen is a big reason why we lost this time.

11. matthappy

matthappy Member

david is good enough t be a backup C,he is tall and also hustle play.

though his defense is a little weak,this old rookie is trying his best for improvement,we all know this is only his first year here,just be more patient.

I myself do recommend david stop trying 3ps shooting ,but learn how to live in paint area.if he know how to do that then would benefit us more

12. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

AndersEn...get it right.

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Well, we struggle offensively at times and he has range. I think Adelman likes to test him, see if he has it going that night, and use him extended minutes if he does.

Also, for the most part players feel more comfortable if they get a solid guaranteed 10-15 minutes every night instead of only playing when they're on fire, which would probably be the most effective way to use Andersen. And, (even though he is an awful defender overall) his length is bothersome when Hayes gets a bad match.

But, yes, I would rather just see the wings and bigs take all of his minutes.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He has two assets -- size and floor-spacing.

15. HangTime

HangTime Member

Who cares, its as about as meaningful as his play last night :p

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

1. His name is spelled AndersEn not AndersOn
    2. He is a rookie from overseas and needs time to adapt. You remember how long it took Scola to get adjusted?
    3. His defense is already a lot better and will only get better as he adjusts to NBA life
    4. He has a wide range of offensive moves as well as range, which means he can space our offense. This is extremely useful in motion offense, since that mens he will not clog up the lanes

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Andersen should stop shooting threes. I was shocked he had actually hit some.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Whether he hits it or not, the threat of him hitting that shot helps space the floor and (for instance) gives Landry more room to operate underneath. If he actually started shooting them at a respectable clip (35+%), then that would help a ton. He's wide open on most of those attempts. That's the one area I am confident he'll improve in over time. He's missing right now because he's just not used to the distance.

19. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Good thing you've pointed this out to the organization! I'm sure they'll reevaluate their allocation of minutes immediately... :p ;)

Sometimes (or "all the time," given our true say in these matters), we have to trust that a good coach (great coach in this case -- in my opinion) actually knows how, when and why to use each player at his disposal.

20. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

David is a decent player and his playing time is well allocated. I don't see the problem here.