1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is 790 bashing James harden ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 24, 2018.

1. Mr. Space City

chucking 3's when your shot is clearly off is not good decision making.

if your shooting 50% from everywhere than stop shooting 0% from 3 11 times.

2. Mr. Space City

i never said they were in competition.

i just want the mvp to be more consistent and not disappear for 6 quarters in pivotal games.

i'm unhappy because now we have an injured star point guard because he killed himself trying to carry harden in an important game.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

All year long - hell,for 5 years - we have begged Harden to put in the effort on defense, especially in big games. So the last two games he finally does that, playing tough defense and inspiring his team to do likewise. And by the way,he dropped in 49 points as well. All while helping the team get to a single win away from beating one of the best teams of the last decade and reaching the finals for the first time in almost 25 years.

And some ”fans" choose to focus on the one aspect of his game that was subpar.

Nice. Stay classy, ClutchFans.

#83 topfive, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  4. Mr. Space City

inspiring his team to do likewise?

tucker, ariza, cp3, etc inspire the team to play defense. not harden. if you get harden to play defense that's a plus.

cp3 was able to hit big shots while playing good defense as well or did you miss that? and he's not even the mvp.

some "fans" just want their mvp to play like an mvp on both sides and not force their aging point guard to overwork himself trying to carry the team offensively.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Chris Rock had a line and I'm gonna paraphrase, " some people want credit for what they supposed to do." Play defense? It's not asked of him, it's expected of him. The fragile little flower he is sometimes is what fans get upset about. It's pretty telling when CP has to come to him and try to pump him up in this situation, this moment. There was another time where Tucker in the 4th went to him and asked him "you alright?" as if to check on his mental state right before they switched cameras.

Everybody wants to believe in him as a fan and roots for him but it's moments like these when he seems disengaged and slumped over that really makes it hard for us fans to do so.

6. Mr. Space City

exactly.

harden shouldn't need this

i want to see him play like the dominate player i know he is but i guess i'm "bad fan" if i say it.

nobody is rooting against harden. it's the opposite. i know the player he can be on this stage and i just want him to dig down more and show the world the type of player he can be on this stage.

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

This what u don't undwrstand. Cp3, curry klay, dramond, durant, Kerr coaching....everybody has played bad numerous time this series n I told y'all this a make or miss league...but during the bad game he n cp3 or gordan or green or ariza has played lock down d. U do know gsw have 5 allstars right. But whatever. We won. Like curry has won why playing hot garbage having clay or Draymond or Durant save him years. When u win u gotta chill bro

topfive likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

golden state has 4 all-stars.

and yeah we won but we possibly could lose our 2nd most important player and easily lose the next 2 without him.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Attack the bucket instead of settling

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If that is your only defense to his point , you should just quit .

Golden state clearly has way more talent than us . We won 65 games and have 2 great players ..... but before the series no one was giving us a chance because of GS's talent edge .

This goes beyond "playing defense" . All teams play defense when it is easy . The sheer amount of focus and poise we've had to come up with is huge . And that's as a unit. Harden gets credit just as every other player on the floor gets equal credit .

The defense is a unit . And we have to not only bust our asses physically but mentally to cover up 4 great options . And we have to quickly compose ourselves when GS makes a tough shot ..... which they do a lot of . They might get some easy looks , but it's because we have to guard against so many possibilities.

James has been right up there with PJ and Ariza and CP and Eric in terms of really being physical on D . And as much as CP3 takes some of the burden offensively off James , he still is our most dangerous player and thus has the brunt of GS's defense geared toward stopping him .

12. Mr. Space City

keep arguing points i never made.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Missing shots happens. It happens even to elite players. Sometimes your shot is just off and there is nothing you can do. He wasn't making bad decisions for the most part, and most of his jump shots were contested and near the end of the shot clock with no good pass available.

He was putting in 110% effort on both ends of the court. He wasn't playing sloppy and turning the ball over a ton. That's all I ask for. I trust that his shot will return--it could have returned at any point tonight and idiots like 790 would be singing a totally different song--yet if it happens to return in Q1 of the next game instead of Q4 tonight he's a choker. So damn dumb!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

At the same time though...that's his shot?

That step back 3 is his signature move, he's not just going to stop taking it. It never looks good, it just looks nice when it goes in.

If the law of averages are a thing, he's going to explode these last few games, let's hope so.

As for tonight, we won, that's really all I care about personally. He tried. This wasn't game 6 last year, game 6 he just gave up, this game he tried. He tried to help his team out as much as we could despite being off and made a few key plays to end the game. A crucial steal, getting to the line a few times, and that assist to EGO.

15. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

"He just had a bad shooting game" That is being generous. Dude missed 19 straight 3 pt attempts yet he still keeps forcing the same shot more than 10 times and refuses to use the mid range. It becomes ugly, repetitive, easy for the opposing defense to key in on, and is lazy offense. I don't understand why some folks do extreme mental gymnastics to defend Harden's shitty performance. He had 2 lazy scripted passes being picked off in the 4th due to him killing the shot clock repeatedly cuz he kept dribbling with no where to go, numerous times he would dribble until like 5 secs left on the clock & pass it off to CP3 & literally just stand near the half court like WTF are you doing bro... He can make some incredible passes & quick jab moves to create space but more times he just ends up taking an awful shot. He needs to play much better/smarter for us to win this series, especially with CP3's health.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Harden had a bad game in the Playoffs, just like the dozens of other bad games he has had in the Playoffs. He's simply not as dependable as we want him to be in the Playoffs.

Stormy1234, Wylo and Mr. Space City like this.
  17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What kind of dumbass logic is this. So when should he stop shooting? Do you think he should put a numerical limit on himself to determine that his shot "isn't falling"? If he goes 0-4 should he stop shooting 3s for the rest of the game? How many times have you seen Harden start 1-6 and end the game 4-10 or 5-11? He does it often. There was a game earlier this season even where he was 0-7 or 0-8, I don't remember the exact number, and then he hit a 3 with less than a minute to go to ice the game. This is just stupid bad advice, he should not stop shooting.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

his signature move got him shooting under 32% form 3 the entire playoffs.

harden is streaky and when he's off he's usually OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. there is no between. sometimes you have to play smarter and know when you don't have it and try something else. luckily he had cp3 and gordon to save him offensively these past 6 quarters.

i want him to explode. nothing would make me happier than him dominating on both ends and carrygin the rockets to a win and beat these cocky b****es but i just want him to play smarter at times.

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think you truly suck at life if you are a Rockets fan b****ing about James Harden tonight.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member