1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why I Am No Longer A Rockets Fan - A Revelation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

i think you got some issues teach...

#101 NewYorker, May 18, 2005
    Last edited: May 18, 2005
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People have a lot to say.

3. NewYorker

what?

4. NewYorker

I totally hear what you're saying man, but you know what, what? It's the way it's always been. Sports since any era has been about winning. Today's game is only different because people are different, and because people turn basketball players into celebrities because of guys like Jordan, Bird, Barkley and so on. It's not the game that's changed, it's the fans....and I for one am happy to see the game's popularity rise.

You're just a traditionalist, wishing for the good ole days...but the good ole days are gone in the past, and times have changed...i for one think basketball is a better game today then it was. The game has evolved and it just look bad but look at how awesome every player is....10 years ago the guys on the bench now would be stars on teams. You can't see it, but others can.

5. Glish21

Glish21 Member

"My consternation occurs because, like an undiscovered band making great music then selling out to the masses the Rockets started chasing championships, which are very uninportant to me as a fan. What is important is the players who win the championship, who make up the team. I couldn't care less if the hakeen-lead rockets ever won a championship, because my joy did not derive from that; it dervied from watching the man play and suffering with him. The same is true of the Bum-lead oilers."

"started chasing championships, which are very uninportant to me as a fan. "

That statement is the biggest piece of p***y **** I have ever seen. I don't even want to say why that statement had to have come from the mouth of an extreme loser. You say you loved following the team through the grind or on the journey. WHERE THE HELL DID YOU THINK THE TEAM WAS ON A JOURNEY TO????? Making b**** ass poser fans happy because not only did the fans have a ****ty day so did their team? "well i had a crappy day, but so did my rockets. How glorious! YAY!" You saying that is a disrespect to how hard Dream, Rudy, etc. worked to get this city a championship. Look at TMAC and Yao now. 13 points in 35 seconds?? Are you telling that shouldn't make me proud that this guy is in a Rockets uniform? This guy does this in DECEMBER!!! But somehow you don't identify with him, so I guess you don't like working hard and succeeding.

I agree with you that its something special to follow a team through suffering, but man if you actually cared about those players, then you would want the best for them, not just for them to go thru ****ty moments because you do too. Emotion is one of the greatest things about sports but damn man, how can you cheer for a team if you aren't cheering for them to succeed. Why don't you root for the ****ing Clippers

Trading OT, getting Drexler those were to get to the goal man. And we got there. Barkley, Pippen, Francis, etc. we thought those guys would get us back. it didn't work out but we kept on trying and now we got ourselves as solid of a core that you are going to find in the NBA.

All I know is I am excited as hell to be a Rockets fan right now. This team WILL get back on top and I am even more excited since I know your bandwagon fan ass won't be there to enjoy it

unbelievable

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

"use current nba ideas to add players and build teams"

as in, trades (Rasheed Wallace), free agents (Chauncey Billups), and the draft (Tayshaun Prince).

And the Rockets didn't get players through these means? Man, the layer of ____ gets deeper and deeper with every post. I just don't buy that "style of play" argument- their style of play is very similar to half-a-dozen teams out there. The only difference is that they won a championship.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

What --

Have you anointed a favorite team for this year yet? Or are you going to wait until after the finals are decided like you did last year?

Just sayin'...

8. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Classic.....!!!

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I've only glanced at this thread so forgive me if this has been asked already.

Are you an Astros' fan? It sounds like what you are looking for the Astros have done by showing remarkable loyalty to Biggio and Bagwell even though both have been showing marked signs of wear in the past few years. Of course that loyalty has paid off by attracting Clemens and Pettite but the Astros had chances to trade the Killer B's when they were at their height.

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I don't think your attitude is that rare because many of the fans who have come here for Yao have openly admitted they would stop being Rockets fans if Yao ever plays for another NBA team.

11. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

True definition of a bandwagon fan.

I love Yao Ming because he is a Rocket but I don't spend all day at yaoming**********. searching for Yao posts. I may glance there to try to find Rocket tidbits from time to time but because he plays for the Rockets. If he becomes another teams property, I will wish him well, but, when he plays the Rockets, I'll hope he fouls out in 3 minutes and his team loses by 50. And then I will wish him well in his next game. I won't be jumping to another site if (hopefully never hapens) Yao ever hits the door. You'll find that is what most people are talking about when they voice their displeasure over most of these posts.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I know by posting I am hurting the possibility that this thread will die. Oh well.

What, what did you expect? I'm all for free speech and all, but this was simply a waste of time, bandwidth, brain cells, etc. If you don't like the Rockets any more, fine. Do we need to know that? No. You like whatever team wins a championship? Fine. That doesn't need it's own thread. You think the Rockets bought their success in 1995 and beyond? That's your opinion. You might be the first in the history of Houston sports to complain that the Rockets traded for Clyde Drexler and won a title because of it.

13. cptcrunch

cptcrunch Member

I'm such a loyal fan I STILL liked the Rockets during the Francis years when I had to order NBA league pass so I could catch more than just the two games that were televized

14. HoustonForever

Drexler is my favorite basketball player of all time. That was a wonderful trade, albeit I lamented that the Rockets had to give up O.T. I liked the Barkley trade, notwithstanding I missed seeing Sam Cassell, Robert Horry, Chucky Brown and yes Mark Bryant as Rockets. Anad contrary to many fans, I am still fond of the Pippen trade and wish things could have worked out. Pippen's one of my favorite players of all-time, a truly underrated basketball great.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

OK, time to lock this blasphemy of a thread up.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Why I Am No Longer an ER Fan - A Revelation

Back when the series started, it was great TV -- dramatic in spots, funny in spots, and never boring. I had pride in knowing that I was one of the few who got it. Others -- those poor saps -- continued to watch lesser TV shows.

Then ER let George Clooney walk, and he was soon followed by Julianna Margulies. Eriq LaSalle and Anthony Edwards would go as well. These people were like a team, and when those actors left, the greedy network decided to replace them with other actors, always trying to keep the series competitive.

Maybe most fans are not like me, because I'm such a sensitive guy, but I hated to see the show try to do well despite the actor defections. It sickened me. When I used to have a bad day, I could always console myself with the knowledge that Dr. Benton had a bad day as well. Now there were entirely new faux-doctors that I couldn't relate to. This was no longer my show.

As I look back at the early episodes I realize, very sadly, that I will never have that experience again. Those days when nothing mattered but Dr. Ross and Nurse Hathaway and young Dr. Carter, working in a delirium of joy.

That is why I am not an ER fan. My current favorite show is Desperate Housewives, since it's the latest hot show to which bandwagon-jumpers have moved. That show has so much heart.

So do with me what you will. I can take it, but remember I was once like you and may be again.

Sincerely,
    I. M. Amoron

17. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

You're comparing fiction to real life???

I guess you follow sports because of the story lines and the "life drama", right? Who gives a damn if you miss the love story between Francis and Mobley. There's a new love story that is just as compelling: Yao and T-Mac. Have you seen them holding hands and whispering to each other?

I beg to disagree Mr. aMORON. It's a wonderful time being a Rockets fan.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

It MUST be off season.. I can't believe we're still kicking this dead skunk around....

GO ROCKETS !!!!

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Wonder why I didn't see this thread from way back but...

I would like to apologize on behalf of a fellow Westfield Mustang and would like to make a note that his beliefs does not reflect all Westfield Mustang Alumni beliefs.

c/o 2001

20. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Macfan,

Topfive was making fun of *whats* first post, i.e. satire.

#120 DavidS, May 22, 2005
    Last edited: May 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.